OverviewOn this 2-hour African American History tour, we will be your "conductor" and take you on a journey through Memphis that will be sure to open your eyes to some of the most historical times from slavery through the Civil Rights Movement and beyond. There is so much more to Memphis than Downtown, so we will even journey through some of our interestingneighborhoods.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourThe Civil Rights Movement and African American History is a very big part of Memphis. On this 2-hour tour of African American History, we will take you on a journey through Memphis that will be sure to open your eyes to some of the most historical times in slavery right through the civil rights movement. This will be an eye-opening, enlightening as well as entertaining tour that will be sure to stay with you.
On this tour you will see some of the most memorable sites Memphis has to offer such as: Slave Haven, a site that documents the history of the underground railroad. The National Civil Rights Museum/ Lorraine Motel, this is where we will trace the history of the civil rights movement from its roots to the present. Historic Mason Temple, where on April 3rd, 1968, a day before his assassination Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his famous last speech. Then there is Beale Street, which is known as the Main Street of Black America and officially named "home of the Blues."
There is so much more to Memphis than downtown and we want to show you all of it. Along this journey we will show you compelling neighborhoods like Uptown, Pinch, District, South Memphis, Soulsville and the Edge and so many more additional historical landmarks.
Inclusions for African American History Tour Of Memphis - Overview Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for African American History Tour Of Memphis - Overview Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
2 person minimum required.
Dress code is smart casual.
We deserve the right to substitute the selection of museum chosen due to events beyond our control.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.