Once the Opera Garnier has closed to the public, its your turn to experience this magnificent Paris icon. This after-hours tour gives you exclusive access to Paris breathtaking Opera Garnier, also known as the Palais Garnier, without the hassle of daytime crowds. Your informative guide will reveal the grandeur of the opera house on your tour of the Members' Rotunda, main staircase (Grand Escalier), Grand Foyer and breathtaking auditorium. Its no wonder why this incredible neobaroque opera house one of Europes largest inspired the setting for the legendary The Phantom of the Opera musical.
- All entrance fees included
- Exclusive after-hours access
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourHead to the Opera Garnier in the evening for your after-hours tour. You’ll experience the Opera Garnier without the daytime crowds, letting you soak up the breathtaking opulence in all its glory. Your expert guide will take you on a 1.5-hour narrated walking tour of the beautiful neobaroque building's interior.
Officially the Palais Garnier, this palatial opera house is home to the famous Opéra National de Paris. One of the largest opera houses in Europe with nearly 2,000 seats, the Opera Garnier holds lavish rooms around every corner. You'll hear all about the history of the opera house, including the famous operas that have played here, such as La Traviata. You'll also learn that this building inspired the setting for Gaston Leroux’s novel and, later, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical The Phantom of the Opera.
Stroll through the sumptuous Members' Rotunda to see the intricate floor mosaics and glamorous wall lights that have enchanted privileged opera house guests for more than a century. From there, continue to the the Grand Escalier, a marble staircase that is flanked by impressive bronze statues carved in the likeness of Greek gods such as the Prophetess Pythia.
The staircase opens up to the jaw-dropping auditorium. Opulent architecture, abundant décor, gilded balconies, and a sea of plush red velvet seats surround the stage as an extravagant chandelier glitters overhead.
Your tour normally finishes in the Grand Foyer, where audiences mingle during intervals. Admire the opulent decorations and adornments intended to resemble the gallery of a classic French chateau and continue exploring independently if you wish.
Inclusions for After-Hours Tour: Opera Garnier In Paris
- Entrance fee for after-hours access
- Professional guide
Exclusions for After-Hours Tour: Opera Garnier In Paris
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is not suitable for children under 6 years old
Not wheelchair accessible
As this is a working theater, access to the auditorium is sometimes unavailable due to technical or artistic reasons. Therefore, access cannot be guaranteed for all tours.
For artistic or technical reasons, the tour itinerary may be modified on the day of the tour, if so instructed by the Opera Garnier
Please note: The Opera Garnier closes its doors for guided tours at 4:45pm, therefore you must arrive before this time. If you are late, you will not be able to take the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.