OverviewThis wonderful river cruise in Oxford includes a sumptuous traditional afternoon tea served aboard the boat. The 1.5-hour cruise takes in the highlights of the beautiful River Thames, such as Christ Church Meadows and the University College Boat Houses, as it flows through this historic university city.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThis relaxing 1.5-hour cruise starts in the afternoon from central Oxford and sails downstream from Folly Bridge taking in the best known reach of the River Thames in Oxford.
Traveling down the University Regatta Course passing Christ Church Meadows, the University College Boat Houses and other landmarks on the way to Iffley lock. This is often a busy and vibrant section of the river where training rowing crews, punts and pleasure boats jostle for river space in an wonderful display of Oxford at play. Passing through the lock at Iffley is an experience in itself. The river scenery and fascinating buildings combining to form a picture perfect location.
Beyond Iffley the boat travels in to the tranquil water meadows that surround Oxford and there are abundant opportunities to spot wildlife amongst the green banks and overhanging willows.
Aboard the boat an indulgent afternoon tea is provided by the renowned riverside restaurant, The Folly. The traditional menu includes*:
- An Selection of Finger Sandwiches
- Homemade Scones with Strawberry Jam, Clotted Cream and Fresh Strawberries
- A Selection of Cakes, Tarts or Petit Fours
Inclusions for Afternoon Tea Sightseeing River Cruise In Oxford
- Local taxes
- Afternoon tea
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Afternoon Tea Sightseeing River Cruise In Oxford
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.