Afternoon Walking Tour Of Holy Sites In Rome
OverviewDiscover hidden gems of Rome on this 2-hour tour to the Cathedral of Rome in San Giovanni, the oldest church in the city, the Holy Steps, and the Basilica of the Holy Cross. With a small-group of up to 15 people, your guide will be able to provide more personal service as you learn more about the history and art in this lesser known part of Rome.
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin this 2-hour tour by meeting your local guide at 4:30pm in Piazza San Giovanni. See one of the unique spiritual sites of Rome, the Cathedral of Rome in San Giovanni in Laterano. It is the oldest church in the city and used to be the headquarters of Popes.
Discover the historic and artistic treasures contained in the church. Your local guide will share the history and stories as you stop at each monument. On the way, walk by the highest Egyptian obelisk in the world and the Ancient walls. Visit the Holy Steps, one of the most popular destinations in Rome. A richly decorated Renaissance palace preserves what isconsidered the original staircase from Jerusalem where Jesus walked to trial, and they were brought to Rome by Empress St. Helena.
Next, stop by the Basilica of the Holy Cross, where you will marvel at the walls that are painted with colorful Renaissance frescoes narrating the discovery of the holy treasures. View fragments of the Cross of Christ, his nails, thorns and other sacred objects. Your tour will end here at around 6:30pm.
Inclusions for Afternoon Walking Tour Of Holy Sites In Rome
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
Exclusions for Afternoon Walking Tour Of Holy Sites In Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Food and drinks are not allowed in the churches, except for water
Comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.