Agra Culture Day Tour With Cycle Rickshaw Ride
OverviewGet to know Agra the local way by exploring on foot the city’s hidden pathways, bustling spice market, and religious mosques and temples. Sample treats at a 200-year-old sweets shop, hop on a cycle rickshaw, and learn why Hindu families dress their idols. Hear the legends that have been passed down through generations and learn how modern-day India is reshaping itself. Finish the day with the spectacular sight of the Taj Mahal from a secret spot.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourExplore beyond the tourist sites on this Agra walking tour that will offer you insight into the real Indian way of life. Your tour will trace through history, from the Mughal era to British rule, and onward to the rapidly-changing, present day India.
You will be picked up at your hotel in Agra and start your city tour with a trip back to the 11th century and a lesson in India’s military history, as you visit the magnificent Agra Fort and learn about the early foundations of India. From there, you will go to Ambedkar Park, dedicated to the father of the Indian constitution, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, and gain a better understanding of India’s old caste systems and its eradication.
Fueled by your history lesson, you’ll next experience the hustle of modern-day Agra with a visit to Agra Fort Railway Station. While the building is historical, featuring a mix of British, French, and Mughal architecture, today the station is a hectic hub that sees some 90,000 passengers pass through its doors every day. Next, you will receive an introduction to both Islam and Hinduism with stops at an active mosque and one of Agra’s most famous temples, dedicated to Lord Shiva and attracting some 3,000 devotees daily. You’ll also hear the romantic love story of Lord Krishna and Radha, with a stop at the intricately sculptured Radha Krishna Mandir Temple.
Take a break from exploring and sample local delicacies at a 200-year-old sweets shop. You will also learn about the preparation of some of the dishes with a live demo of how to make poori (deep-fried bread). Next, your Agra tour will take you down the city’s narrow, colorful pathways where vendors sell little idols of gods and goddesses for Hindu home temples. Learn about the unique traditions surrounding these idols, such as how they’re given a change of clothes every day. From there, take in one of the city’s most stunning sights at the beautifully sculptured Musician’s Balcony.
Finish your Agra city tour by boarding cycle rickshaws for an aromatic ride through the Rawatpara Spice Market, a marketplace constantly bustling with activity and frantic shoppers from the city. Then, head across the Yamuna River for the icing on your Agra experience with a view of the spectacular Taj Mahal at dusk. When the tour ends, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Agra Culture Day Tour With Cycle Rickshaw Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Agra
- English-speaking guide
- A bottle of mineral water
- Cycle rickshaw ride
- A gift box of Indian spices and recipes
Exclusions for Agra Culture Day Tour With Cycle Rickshaw Ride
- Any souvenirs
- Additional snacks or food
- Temple and mosque donations
- Inside of the Taj Mahal complex
- Gratuities for the guide, driver, and rickshaw puller
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Dress standard: As India is a modest country and the tour visits a mosque and temple, fully covered clothing is advisable
Sport shoes or closed-toe walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.