Agra Private Tour: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Tomb Of Itimad-ud-Daulah And Fatehpur SikriWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy Mughal Dynasty Monuments with Agra Private Tour that takes you to Taj Mahal and many other wonderful destinations. Travel like a royal in Agra by Tonga to get a real feel of the city and visit Agra Fort, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, and Fatehpur Sikri by private car and your personal guide. The architectural grandeur of this deserted city cannot be described in words and one can only experience the aura of its magnificent edifices by seeing them.
- All entrance fees included
- A la carte lunch included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Editor's Pick
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at hotel lobby in Agra at 8.45 am and leave to Taj Mahal, India’s most iconic building and a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site. Your guide will point out the renowned Mughal architecture, a design that combines elements from Persian, Turkish and Indian styles until 11.00am.
Step back into your private vehicle for a drive to the Agra Fort, a treasure house of Mughal architecture. The great Mughal Emperor Akbar commissioned the construction of the Agra Fort in 1666, A.D. although additions were made till the time of his grandson Shahjahan. The forbidding exteriors of this fort hide an inner paradise. Inside Agra Fort, view the remarkable palaces, Diwan-I-Am, Diwan-I-Khaas, Musamman Burj where Shahjahan died in 1666 A.D. Jahangir's Palace Khaas Mahal and Shish Mahal until 12.30 noon.
After lunch at 1.30 on your own proceed to Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah located on the opposite bank of the Yamuna from the Taj Mahal and commonly known as the Baby Taj. Built between 1622 and 1628 by Empress Nur Jahan for her father, the mausoleum is often described as a jewel box. Admire the trellis work and precious stone inlay as you listen to your guide’s commentary and learn about the strong Persian influence on the tomb’s design—the first in India entirely made out of marble.
Then drive to Fatehpur Sikri at 2.30 pm (39 Km), an epic architecture made of red sandstone. A city of yesteryear, today lost in the mists of time. Fatehpur Sikri was built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar during 1572-1585 A.D. A sonless Akbar had gone to Sikri to seek blessings of a Muslim Saint Sheikh Salim Chishti and he was blessed with a son. To express his gratitude, he constructed his capital city and named it Fatehpur Sikri. Your Guide will show the beautiful marble tomb of Sheikh Salim Chisti and other renowned places Diwan-I-Am, diwan-I-Khaas, Buland Darwaza, Panch Mahal, Jodha Bai's Palace and Birbal Bhavan.
At the end of your journey at 5.30 pm , sit back and relax on the drive back to your Hotel in Agra.
Inclusions for Agra Private Tour: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Tomb Of Itimad-ud-Daulah And Fatehpur Sikri
- Private tour with Tonga ride to Taj Mahal
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Agra City limits
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Agra Private Tour: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Tomb Of Itimad-ud-Daulah And Fatehpur Sikri
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions section
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
This private tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.