Agrigento Day Trip From Palermo
OverviewLeave Palermo behind for a day trip to Agrigento, home to Sicilys most fascinating archaeological area. Visit the Archaeological Museum of Agrigento, where an extensive collection of artifacts offers insight into the splendors of the ancient Greek colony of Akragas, which once stood on this site. Continue your education at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Valley of the Temples, home to an expansive array of Greek ruins. Stroll through the archaeological complex and view a series of impressive Doric temples.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your tour leader in central Palermo and depart by air-conditioned vehicle. Relax on the journey towards Agrigento, a city on Sicilys south coast.
Listen as your tour leader explains the history of Agrigento and the ancient Greek city of Akragas. During its heyday, Akragas was the most prosperous and important settlement on the island of Sicily and beautiful remnants of its past glory are still visible today.
On arrival, head to the Archaeological Museum of Agrigento, which showcases valuable and revealing artifacts from ancient times. Pay the admission fee to gain entry and discover more about the life of Greek settlers. Your time here is spent independently, leaving you free to examine the exhibits that interest you the most. Make your way around the statues, pottery and ancient remains before meeting back up with your tour leader at the prearranged time.
After getting to grips with the history of this once powerful city, break for lunch (own expense). Then, marvel at the beauty of the UNESCO-listed Valley of the Temples, a vast archaeological zone that contains well-preserved monuments from the ancient city. Pay the admission fee, then head inside to explore independently, viewing numerous temples including the famous Temple of Concord (Tempio della Concordia), an immaculately preserved 5th-century structure.
Come late afternoon, hop on the vehicle for the drive back to Palermo, where your tour concludes with a drop-off back at the start point.
Inclusions for Agrigento Day Trip From Palermo
- Driver/tour leader
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Agrigento Day Trip From Palermo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (approx. 14 euros)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sicilian Wines: Private Tour and Tasting from Palermo
- Palermo Walking Tour and Street Food
- Street Food Walking Tour in Palermo
- Palermo Street Food Walking Tour
- Private Multi-Day Sicily Food & Wine Lovers Tour: 8 Days
- Transfer Palermo Airport to Sicilian Destinations
- Palermo Small Group Walking Tour: Discover Sicily's Capital City and its Anti-Mafia Culture
- Discover the Kalsa District in Palermo