Aialik Or Northwestern Fjords Glacier Kayaking Explorer - Seward
OverviewPaddle in the best fjord for the day, every day. This trip is run on our exclusive, brand-new, custom built catamaran. Having a boat to ourselves allows our captain to choose the best spot for kayaking every day, whether that is Aialik Bay or Northwestern Fjords. We'll take into account wildlife reports, glacier viewings, and weather as we choose where we are kayaking for the day.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourThis captain's choice full-day tour has it all; iceberg-filled fjords, stunning scenery, magnificent alpine and tidewater glaciers, towering waterfalls and world-class wildlife. We firmly believe that this is the best kayaking day trip offered in the fjords out of Seward.
You meet us at the Liquid Adventures office at 7:00 the morning of your trip and get geared up for your adventure. The scenic ride to Kenai Fjords National Park is about 2-3 hours on a custom-built, brand new, comfortable, and heated vessel. We will be searching for Humpback and Orca whales, Dalls porpoise, Stellar sea lions and other marine mammals along the way. Your kayak guide will also share their knowledge about all the critters and area history if you like. Because we actively search for whales and other wildlife, thistrip should be considered half whale watching, half kayaking tour.
The boat captain will choose the best fjords to paddle in for the day. There are a multitude of exceptional areas to paddle in within Kenai Fjords, and having our own, fast boat allows us to take weather, wildlife, and group dynamics into account when we choose where to explore for the day. After we are dropped off,we will spend fifteen or twenty minutes talking about paddling technique and safety. The rest of the paddling day isspent exploring and paddling through beautiful fjords and active tidewater glaciers. Curious harbor seals may poke their heads through the floating ice chunks to watch you paddle by, and often black bears walk the shore. A delicious, homemade lunch isserved on this trip.
What a perfect way to experience Alaska's wild countryfrom the seat of a kayak.
This awesome adventure runs daily and just may be the highlight of your Alaska vacation. You can expect to be back in Seward between 5:30- 7PM, depending on where the captain takes us for the day.
Inclusions for Aialik Or Northwestern Fjords Glacier Kayaking Explorer
- Brand new, purpose built catamaran water taxi transportation
- Professional, highly trained guides
- All technical gear
- Hand made backcountry gourmet lunch
Exclusions for Aialik Or Northwestern Fjords Glacier Kayaking Explorer
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Personal clothing
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Participants should understand that this trip runs rain or shine and is an outdoor activity and is operated in the elements of Alaska. Please dress accordingly.
If the weather is too extreme we reserve the right to cancel this trip for the safety of our clients. If we choose to cancel this trip due to weather, a full refund will be given to all affected guests.
Age: Minimum 12
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.