- Let us meet you at the airport or at your accommodation. (Domestic flights - no surcharge. International flights - a surcharge applies)
- Situated 83 km from Christchurch you will drive through some of the most spectacular scenery in New Zealand.
- As we drive to Akaroa we will pass by farmland, Little River, Birdlings Flat and onto the Hill Top Tavern Lookout.
- We will likely take the Summit Road option either going to or returning from Akaroa depending on weather conditions. Amazing!!
- Learn about the checkered history of the area - the Maori land wars, how the French missed out on the race to colonise the area ahead of the British. They were less than happy!!
- Visit The Bays and the Peninsula that Captain James Cook got so 'messed up" over.
- Visit The Okains Bay Maori and Colonial Museum - a must see. (Gold Coin or better donation on entry - extra)
- You're on holiday so, try the home-made fudge.
- Maybe sample some of the local cheeses at Barrys Bay.
- Wander the waterfront, french streets and boulevards which are Akaroa.
- Swim with the dolphins - a memory of a lifetime (optional extra)
- Take a cruise of the harbour. Stunning! (optional extra)
- If time permits maybe a visit to The Giants House - known all over the world.
- As we meander around the bays if time permits we'll take a look at Lyttelton Harbour and return to Christchurch through the longest road tunnel in New Zealand.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
8:30am sharp on designated days
Departure Details :
Your driver/guide will meet you at your accommodation at 8:30 am sharp. Accommodation more than 10Km from Cathedral Square will incur an additional charge depending on location. Let us meet you at t.. read more
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
A must see, Akaroa is situated 83 km from Christchurch. The French tried to claim it but the British beat them to it. There are many a story to be told about that! Akaroa is nestled on the eastern edge of two extinct volcanoes. Together these volcanoes make up Banks Peninsula one of the most picturesque areas in New Zealand. This private, very personal tour will go where no bus can go. You can stop when and where-ever you like, unlike in a bus when you must stop where the company tells you. Your experienced local driver/guide will share the history, drama and beauty of the area where the Maori fought for ownership and Captain Cook made probably the biggest mistake of his life.
Know More about this tour
- Experienced local Kiwi guide.
- Large modern air conditioned wagon with room for collapsible wheelchairs, pushchairs, walkers etc.
- Complimentary bottled spring water.
- All taxes/fees. Domestic Meet and Greets available on request.
- GST (15% Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees other than provided in the Options section.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
A maximum of 4 people per booking.
A small amount of walking is involved but is optional in most cases.
Wheelchairs - passenger must be able to transfer to and from the car and the wheelchair must be of a collapsible type. Check with operator.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
You Might Also Like
- International Antarctic Center General Admission Ticket
- Christchurch Sightseeing Pass
- Christchurch Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
- Christchurch to Queenstown via Mount Cook One-Way Tour
- Christchurch Gondola Ride
- Kaikoura Whale Watch Day Tour from Christchurch
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram, Gondola and Avon River Punting
- Lord of the Rings - Journey to Edoras from Christchurch