OverviewEnjoy an exhilarating snorkeling adventure from Playa del Carmen! Head to Akumal and snorkel with sea turtles! In this natural sanctuary, as you watch turtles feed on sea grass, a professional guide will share informative knowledge about the marine ecosystem. Then, jump into a cenote of clear deep water and discover beautiful limestone rock formations. A fun and educational experience, this unique snorkeling tour is perfect for families!
- All entrance fees included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Free snacks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour snorkeling adventure begins with hotel pickup from Playa del Carmen. Reach Akumal, slip on your snorkeling gear again and head to the open water and spot those turtles! Protected by a barrier reef, this bay is a sanctuary to four of the total of eight species of sea turtles. In the warm waters delightfully pristine and clear, and no deeper than 6 to 8 feet (1.8 to 2.4 meters), you could see a turtle feeding on sea grass or jellyfish.
Learn about the amazing, precarious and often solitary life of the sea turtle from your professional guide, and enjoy other parts of your marine landscape, including coral and tropical fish. Don’t be surprised if you hear a child nearby cry out, “Dory!” or “There’s Crush!” — the bay is their own version of Finding Nemo.
Then, stop at a stunning cenote, an underground cavern with a natural well, and enjoy here an enchanting combination of water, light and limestone.
Put on your snorkeling gear (provided) and plunge into the deep water. Watch tiny fish wriggle away, and check out the cave’s unusual but eye-catching rock formations. After frolicking in the cenote, enjoy a snack (provided).
You’ll then be taken back to your Playa del Carmen hotel.
Inclusions for Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkeling Tour From Playa Del Carmen
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkeling Tour From Playa Del Carmen
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hotel information (including address) is required at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.