OverviewExperience the highlights of Turnagain Arm on the scenic Seward Parkway! This road is often considered as one of America's most scenic drives,Â and this 4-hour tourÂ helps bring you up close to theÂ gorgeous natural scenery. Stop at lookouts like Beluga Point for to snap a couple of photos, and keep an eye out for caribou, eagles, moose, and other wildlife. Learn about animal rehabilitation atÂ the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and enjoy the stunning natural beautyÂ on this small group Alaska wildlife tour.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Led by a professional photographer
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Your guide will conveniently pick you up from your Anchorage area hotel, where you'll then depart at 10am for the drive toward Portage Valley. Hugging the edge of the Turnagain Arm, you'll see for for yourself why the Seward Highway is America's most scenic road, as mountains rise up straight from the water and you weave through glacially-carved valleys. To capture the stunning natural scenery, you'll stop at spots like Beluga Point to snap a couple of photos, and keep an eye out for moose, dall sheep, eagles, and other wildlife.
The animal sightings continue when you arrive at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. The Center’s mission is to provide care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife, and animals who won't survive in the wild are given refuge here on center's 140 acres. Here you can safely get close to some of Alaska's largest land animals, including moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bears, and muskox. There are also a number of birds of prey and smaller species of mammals, and during the spring and summer months, visitors can often witness the rehabilitation of orphaned baby animals.
By 2pm, the tour ends when you're driven back to your Anchorage area hotel.
Inclusions for Alaska Wildlife Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Anchorage area hotels only
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Professional local guide
- Professional photographer guide (when available)
- Small-group tour
- Light snacks and water
Exclusions for Alaska Wildlife Tour
- Food and drinks (please note the tour does not stop for lunch)
- Pickups from private homes, apartments or B&B's. If this is your case, please contact the supplier for the nearest pick up location
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
Activity level is easy. Guests should be able to walk short distances on uneven ground. Trails surfaces vary from paved to uneven natural terrain. Tour participants must be able to walk a short distance and be able to get in/out of the tour vehicle with minimal assistance.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.