Alba Walking Tour And Underground
OverviewExplore on foot the historical city center of the so called "capital of the Langhe hills". On this tour, take the chance to travel back in time, from the first Neolithic settlement of the local tribes, to the powerful Roman city, founded around 173 BC and hometown of one of the Roman Emperors.
Dive deep into the Roman rich history of Alba.
Treat yourself to the amazing reflections and collections of art.
Answer all your curiosities in the city centre of Alba
Know More about this tour
Walking around the small but charming and wealthy city center, we will step inside the Baroque church of the Dominican nouns, one of the four monastic orders to be spotted in this two hours tour. Then inside the Cathedral boasting a precious wooden inlaid choir dating back to the XVI century. We will see tall medieval towers and noble palaces as we will learn about some of Alba's famous personalities, like the father of Nutella, the inventor of the truffle fair and the young partisans who fought for the independence of Alba during the Nazism occupation.
Depending on availability, some underground ruins can be visited (Roman streets, domus and more) to be confirmed at time of booking as they are located under private buildings.
Meet up location: The walking tour usually starts in via Cavour at the corner with Piazza Garibaldi. Further details will be provided at time of booking. If you need to start the tour in a different location (like your hotel) please let me know at time of booking.
End location: The walking tour will give you orientation and suggestions about things to do on your free time. We usually end in Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral square) but don't hesitate to ask if you need to end the tour at any specific location and I will try to accomodate your request.
Walking tour around the city centre of Alba can include steps along the way and/or to get in and out churches. Uneven steps and cobbled stones in the streets of Alba.
Inclusions for Alba Walking Tour And Underground
- Two hours walking tour of the city centre of Alba.
- Local Guide.
- I will do my best to take you inside at least two churches during the walking tour and in some of the private buildings boasting Roman ruins in their basements, found during recent excavations. However, opening times are not guaranteed in churches as services might occur and access to private building can be confirmed at time of booking.
Exclusions for Alba Walking Tour And Underground
- Estimated Local Cash Needed: 5 EUR - Donations and/or tips to churches attendants.
- Any personal expense, such as shopping, tastings, ticket entrances of any museum and/or exhibitions, meals, transportation costs.
- Transportation Method: This is a walking tour. Expect to walk about 1 mile. Alba is mostly flat and there are only few steps along the way and/or to enter shops and historical buildings. Transportation to/from meeting place is not included.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.