Meet your guide near NYC's City Hall, and your journey through historic downtown will begin. You will see numerous sites related not only to the American Revolution, but even dating back to the Dutch colonial era. We will follow in the footsteps of Alexander Hamilton and America's founders.
Sites you will include:
- St. Paul's Chapel, only surviving colonial-era church
- "The Room Where it Happened": site of Thomas Jefferson's home
- Wall Street, where you will learn its origins
- Sites of law offices of Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr
- Federal Hall, the site of Washington's inauguration
- The site of the Hamilton-established Bank of New York
- The foundations and sites of buildings that predate the United States itself!
- Fraunces Tavern, where Washington slept and met with his troops. Learn the story of Hamilton and Burr's final dinner together!
- Bowling Green, NYC's oldest park, where the Declaration of Independence was read in NYC
- Alexander Hamilton Custom House
- Wall Street Bull sculpture
- Trinity Church
- And the graves of Alexander Hamilton, Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton, Hercules Mulligan, Philip Hamilton, & Angelica Schuyler Church
All the while, your guide will take your questions, and help history come alive! The best of lower Manhattan in one tour!