Alexander Hamilton Walking Tour - New York City
OverviewDiscover the life of Alexander Hamilton on this guided, 2.5-hour, small-group walking tour in New York City. See landmark locations and historical points of interest that show the impact Hamilton had on US history and New York City culture. Visit place like the Commons Chelsea, the Kings College, St. Paul's Chapel, Wall Street, Fraunces Tavern, Trinity Church, and more while listening to the storytelling guide along the way.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThis historical tour begins at theCity Hall Park entrance atBroadway and Park Place. Meet and greet the guide and the rest of the small group, then get ready to explore the city in search of one of America's founding fathers Alexander Hamilton.
Actually, this is a journey through the lives of two men: Hamilton and Aaron Burr,the third vice president of the United States. Get to know them through their own words, the views of the people around them, and the events of the times.
On this 2.5-hour walking tour, experience New York City before, during, and after the American Revolution. A city torn apart, burned, rebuilt, and on its way to becoming the greatest financial center in the world. But getting there would take it through some of the nastiest political debate the state and nation had ever known.
Visit some of the oldest remaining historic sites in New York City, like St. Pauls Chapel, the oldest-surviving church building in Manhattan; Federal Hall, the first capitol building of the United States; and the graveyard at Trinity Church. Step into the world of Hamilton and Burr, visit the sites that were part of their daily lives, and get to know the people around them. Follow their paths as they lead to that fateful day in 1804 at Weehawken, New Jersey whenBurr fatally shoots Hamilton, his long-time political antagonist.
See original, uncensored documents from the time period including excerpts from the letters between Hamilton and Burr. Get to know these two extraordinary men as they really were the truth is considerably more fascinating than the stories most people have grown up believing.
The tour ends at Trinity Church, located at Broadway and Wall Street.
Inclusions for Alexander Hamilton Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Small group
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Alexander Hamilton Walking Tour
- DVD (available to purchase)
- The Commons: The spot where a young Hamilton publicly declared his support for the Sons of Liberty
- Kings College: Home to Loyalists and Rebels alike before the Revolutionary War
- St. Paul's Chapel: Built in 1766, site of Washington's Presidential Inaugural Service
- "The Room Where it Happened": Site of Thomas Jefferson's home
- Wall Street: Law offices of both Hamilton & Burr, Bank of NY, 1st Bank Bailout, Federall Hall and more!
- Fraunces Tavern: Sons of Liberty and Gen. Washington's farewell address
- Trinity Graveyard: Hercules Mulligan, Angelica Schuyler Church, Eliza and Alexander Hamilton
When it is finished you can make up your own mind about what happened that day and why.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
There are plenty of places to sit along the tour route to minimize standing, as well as restrooms
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Sopranos Sites Tour
- Gossip Girl Sites Tour
- New York City Airport Luxury Departure Transfer
- Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to Manhattan Hotels
- Private Economy Departure Transfer: Manhattan Hotels to New York Airports
- New York City Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour
- Private New York City Transfer: Cruise Port to Airport
- Paint New York Icon and Exhibit