Alexandria Day Tour With Lunch From Cairo
OverviewEnjoy this 12-hour day trip from Cairo to Alexandria with your small-group of no more than 14. Explore historical sites such as Montazah Palace and the Roman Theater. Discover the highlights of the city of Alexander the Great and Cleopatra, with a traditional lunch.
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
You'll meet your guide at your hotel in good time for your 6am start, then hop aboard your air-conditioned minivan for the 3-hour drive to the Mediterranean Sea and the charming waterfront city of Alexandria.
Along the way, you'll discover the heritage and history of Alexandria, how it was founded by Alexander the Great, and used as a base by Cleopatra. You'll learn about its famous library, once the largest center of learning in the ancient world, and its lighthouse, one of the original Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
After visiting the 15th-century Qaitbay Citadel, built on the site of the old lighthouse of Alexandria, discover the lush green gardens of the Montazah Palace, once home to Egypt's last king, King Farouk. Next, take a trip back in time as you explore the Roman Amphitheater, where excavations have revealed mosaic floors and marble seating for 800 people.
Finally, delve deep below the city in the eerie Catacombs of Kom ash-Suqqafa, a warren of underground burial tunnels that combines Greek, Roman, and ancient Egyptian elements.
No trip to Alexandria would be complete without lunch overlooking the sea. Savor Mediterranean dishes alongside your group before hopping back in the van. You'll be back at your Cairo hotel around 6pm.
Inclusions for Alexandria Day Tour With Lunch From Cairo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
Exclusions for Alexandria Day Tour With Lunch From Cairo
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.