Alexandria Day Trip Qaitbay Fort Alexandria Library From Cairo
OverviewTake a fascinating tour to Alexandria from Cairo in the company of youregypttours.com Egyptologist guide. The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria has an ...
- Excellent value for money
- Airport transfer
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tour
Take a fascinating tour to Alexandria from Cairo in the company of youregypttours.com own Egyptologist guide.The second largest city in Egypt,Alexandria has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern and is famous for its Roman remains.With your own Egyptologist guide to lead the way,you'll enjoy personalized attention on your tour of Alexandria. During the tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each of the sites you'll visit. Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great in 332 B.C., and was the capital of Graeco-Roman Egypt. Your first stop in this historic city is the catacombs of Kom ash-Shuqqafa, a Roman burial site whose family tomb reveals the merging of Egyptian and Roman art and architecture. Descend below ground to visit the tomb and Caracalla Hall. Back above ground, continue to Pompey's Pillar, an 82-feet (25-meter) granite column built to honor Emperor Diocletian, who freed the besieged city and brought food to its starving people. Continuing the Roman theme, the next site your guide will show you is the fort of Qaitbay,built in 1477 to protect the eastern side of the city.the fort was built on the same location of the great lighthouse of Alexandria.After lunch (additional cost) you will visit the famous Alexandria Library. In contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt, the Norwegian-designed building is a striking piece of modern design. A copy of every book published in the world is kept in the library, making it one of the great literary sites in the world. The library also houses several exhibitions relating to the history of Egypt and a display of rare antique books (additional cost).
Inclusions for Alexandria Day Trip Qaitbay Fort Alexandria Library From Cairo
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Alexandria Day Trip Qaitbay Fort Alexandria Library From Cairo
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.