All-Day Trip From Rome: Bracciano Lake And Surrounding Lunch Included
OverviewToday you will get off the beaten path and enjoy this fun and educational Roman countryside tour to experience beautiful places in terms of both history, archeology, art, nature and food.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourGet picked up at your hotel in Rome in the morning and depart for Lake Bracciano. The trip is less than an hour outside of Rome, but a world awayfrom the noise, traffic and crowd of the capital city.
The volcanic crater lake is rimmed with low hills, woods, and charming medieval towns that sit right at its shoreline. The countryside is beautiful and unspoiled a nature lovers paradise. The waters of the lake are crystal clear, thanks to environmental initiatives to keep it free from pollution.
Three towns sit on the lake Bracciano, Anguillara, and Trevignano Romano where youll find charming atmospheres, quaint shops, coffee bars, and restaurants. Bracciano is better known for its castle, 'Orsini-Odescalchi,' built during the second half of 15th century by Napoleone Orsini. The castle is in great condition and became famous worldwide when American movie star Tom Cruise married Katie Holmes at the castle in 2006.
In this majestic castle, surrounded by six cylindrical towers, have sojourned Popes, emperors, and artists, and has aremarkable collection of medieval weapons and fresco paintings. Guests will appreciate the magnificent view of the lake from the loggia located in between the towers.
The Odescalchi Castle only allows tours led by their English-speaking guides, so while on the castle tour, you may be with other visitors.
Afterwards, we will continue to Anguillara, another lovely Medieval village of about 12,000 citizens. It takes its name from 'Angularia' because of an ancient Roman villa positioned exactly on a right corner of the same lake. Here in Anguillara, after your driver/guide has introduced to you the history of this village, he will give you some free time to stroll around.You can climb passing between the medieval streets on top of the village (just 10 minute walk), which offers a spectacular view of the entire lake.
At lunch time, your guide ishappy to suggest some typical local restaurants in the area based on your specific interests where you can taste some great authentic local dishes.
After lunch, continue to Calcata, a small village located high on top of a mountain, where cars and mobile phones are a distant reality. Hidden behind strong and high walls rising directly from the rocks, Calcata defended its inhabitants against all worldly influences, only to surrender to an international community of artists and craftsmen. During the weekends, Calcata turns into a busy little town with a number of art galleries, restaurants, shops and stalls selling handmade jewelry.
We will return to Rome approximately at 4:30pm.
Inclusions for All-Day Trip From Rome: Bracciano Lake And Surrounding Lunch Included
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- 2-course lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for All-Day Trip From Rome: Bracciano Lake And Surrounding Lunch Included
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome