All-inclusive Hangzhou Day Trip From Shanghai
OverviewIt's definitely worth taking on this 11-hour-or-so long private day trip from and to Shanghai to see the most enchanting scenic city in China, e.g. Hangzhou, at which Marco Polo marveled, in the 13th century, and described as "the City of Heaven, the most beautiful and magnificent in the world". This tour helps you make best use of time by optimal mix of transportation methods to see the most representing attractions that Hangzhou can present for you to perceive the unique charm of the Yangtze Delta of China. You will visit famous Linyin Temple, West Lake, Meijiawu Tea Plantations and many other interesting attractions during the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourThe pickup is at 8:00 AM at your centrally located (supposed within middle ring) hotel or residence. Then the transportation method is determined by the group size.
For group less than 4 people (be sure to bring passports for purchasing train tickets at railway station), your guide will purchase the bullet train tickets upon arrival to the railway station. No worries about the waiting time because there are so frequent departures from Shanghai that almost every 10 min there is a train leaving for Hangzhou. It only takes 70 minutes on board to Hangzhou, and the rest of transportation of the day is lent to taxi.
If the group size is 4 people or more, you will simply sit in a van for all the transfers (Shanghai-Hangzhou about 2.5 hours single way) throughout the tour. It has been proved by considerable practice that either transportation method takes about the same time for the part of transportation in the trip.
At about 10:00 AM, you arrive at the railway station in Hangzhou and then follows the actual sightseeing at the first attraction, e.g. Flying Peak and Temple of Soul's Retreat (Linyin Temple), a rare Buddhist grotto site in southern China and one of the most significant pilgrimage destinations in the area.
Afterwards, you will visit the Longjing (Dragon Well) green tea plantations and enjoy some moments of feeling like an integral part of nature brought about by drinking the refined tea by the verdant tea fields. Next, eat a homie lunch of luscious local dishes at a green-encircled restaurant still in the Longjing Village area.
Being in Hangzhou without a visit to West Lake is definitely incomplete. So in the afternoon, you first get to see the scenic West Lake, a now World Cultural Heritage site full of poetic tinge. Before heading back, you will visit the Old Residence of Hu Xueyan, an extremely extravagant and ornate old mansion owned by a legendary merchant with enormous wealth in late Qing Dynasty.
The tour is scheduled to finish by getting back to your hotel or residence in Shanghai at about 7:00 PM.
Inclusions for All-inclusive Hangzhou Day Trip From Shanghai
- Professional guide
- Transportation (private van for group size 4 people or more; otherwise round trip bullet train in 2nd class and taxi)
- Entrance fees
- Hotel or residence (within middle ring road) pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for All-inclusive Hangzhou Day Trip From Shanghai
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants (for getting your bullet train ticket in advance)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour with Tea Tasting at Confucius Temple
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Tour to Suzhou with Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- 2 Days Private Shanghai City Tour-No Shopping Stops