All Inclusive Private 2-Day Trip: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou And Sunrise At Jinshanling - Beijing
OverviewIf you are good hikerMake sure you are good hiker) and want to see non-tourist Great wall with best view, This two sections would be best choice for two day hiking on the Greatwall,which is Jiankou and Jinshanling. Jiankou Greatwall is more difficult than other sections and a part of the wall is quite steep to go up and down. Jinshanling Greatwall was preserved very well, and it is a exemplary section of the Great Wall and hence comes the saying that the Jinshanling section is the most essential and classic part of the Great Wall. Meals, entrance fees, over night accommodation, private guide and transfer service are all inclusive.Note: We will stay in the farmer's house.
Know More about this tour
Day 1 (L,D)
We set off at 8:00 from your hotel and drive to Jiankou Graetwall, Jiankou Great Wall is located in Badaohe village in the northwest of Huairou County in Beijing, about 30 kilometers away from Huairou County Town. It is also situated at Bohai Town (North part at Badaohe, while south part at Bohai). It connects to Mutianyu Great Wall in the east, and joins the Dazhenyu Great Wall in the west. Because the moutain here is higher and steeper, this section becomes more winding and varied. 'Jiankou', is translated as 'Arrow Nock' in English, because the shape of the mountain is like an arrow,with the collapsed ridge opening as its arrow nock. It is about two hours driving, then we walk through forest and walk west on the wall. This section of the Wall is rarely visited by the tourists; During September and October, a few Chinese tourists interested in hiking will come to this place for visiting and the rest of time, almost none . This section of the wall is well-known for its steepness: one section is called "Ca Bian Guo" which means the wall is so narrow that only one person can go through at a time; one section of the Wall is called San Shi Ba Deng which has 70~80 degree slop; and one part is called "mini Potala Palace",which is built on the narrow and steep mountain range. We will leave this place when we arrive at the "sky stairs", which is 4~5hours walking , Then, two hours driving and check in at your accommodation and have a nice Chinese dinner meal.
Day 2: (B, L)
Follow your guide to see the Sunrise with your package breakfast at the Jinshanling Great Wall, a complicated and well preserved fortification systems and possesses the largest number of watchtowers. These watchtowers (5-8 meters height) were made by huge bricks, and each one built in a different architectural style. You will see one by one everyone 50 to 100 meters. Some of them are half-timbered, some are stone, some with one eave, some with two-eave. The roofs of the towers are many and varied, flat, arched, quadrangular or octagonal. There is a powerful military defense system in Jinshanling Great Wall including barrier walls, crib walls, blockhouses, emplacements,watch-towers, stone-shooting windows, arrow-shooting holes, cavalry defense walls and so on, which making it easier to defend. When you stand on the Jinshanling Great Wall, you will appreciate how majestic and splendid it is.
Then, you will hike towards the Simatai Great Wall direction for another 3 hours, and you will see the East 5-hole Guard Tower. If you want to hike further, you can carry on for 800 meters more and come back. Then you will start to go down from the Wall, and you will have a nice lunch meal before you heading back to Beijing. The estimate time for arriving your Beijing hotel is between 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
Inclusions for All Inclusive Private 2-Day Trip: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou And Sunrise At Jinshanling
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Great Wall entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
Exclusions for All Inclusive Private 2-Day Trip: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou And Sunrise At Jinshanling
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 10 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please wear comfortable shoes, and long pants is highly recommended for for the first day
Please bring insect repellent and sunblock
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Travel insurance is recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Hour Private Night Tour: Beijing Foodie Experience
- Private Transfer: Beijing Railway Station to Airport
- Beijing Private Transfer: Beijing Airport to Railway station
- Beijing Opera Show at Liyuan Theater with Transfer
- Small Group Day tour From Jiankou To Mutianyu Great Wall
- Private Day Tour: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou
- Private Hiking Day Tour: Yanqing Badaling Incomplete Great Wall
- Private Jinshanling to Simatai West Great Wall Hiking Tour from Beijing