All Inclusive Private Hiking Tour To Qing East Tomb And Huangyaguang Great Wall - Beijing
OverviewThe Eastern Royal Tombs of the Qing Dynasty(1644-1911) are the largest and best preserved extant tomb complexes for royal families in China, and also the most important tombs for emperors and their women in the last dynasty. The 5 tombs for emperors separately are Xiaoling for the Shunzhi emperor, Jingling for the Kangxi emperor, Yuling for the Qianlong emperor, Dingling for the Xianfeng emperor and Huiling for the Tongzhi emperor. The Huangyaguan first time was built in 566,Beiqi Dynasty,and rebuilt again in the Ming Dynasty
Know More about this tourStart off at 8:00am. After about 2.5 hours driving, arrive at the Eastern Royal Tombs of the Qing Dynasty. Visit the Yuling tomb for Qianlong emperor was the longest reigning Qing emperor. His tomb, which took over 50 years to build, is particularly splendid. It is composed of three chambers with four doors, in the shape of the Chinese character "Zhu", meaning "ruler". The marble carvings on the walls and ceilings are of high artistic value. Among the most notable features are the eight bodhisattvas, four devarajas, small buddhas and Buddhist sutras carved in Sanskrit and Tibetan languages. The tomb of Empress Dowager Cixi, Dingdongling, is the most advanced of all the Qing Tombs for its technical and artistic skill. the carving on the central ramp leading to the main hall shows a dragon and a phoenix playing with a pearl in the clouds, but in a reversal of the usual pattern, the phoenix being above dragon. The inner walls of the main and side halls are covered with gold leaf in a design of bats which symbolizes good luck and the Chinese character "happiness".
Drive to the Huangyaguan Pass for lunch in the local restaurant. Huangyaguan Pass of Great Wall is located in the mountainous area of Tianjin's northern Ji County. Once upon a time, there were 18 passes and barracks; Huangyaguan Passis one of them and the most important pass as well. It was first built in556A.D.. When the famous general Qi Jiguang of Ming dynasty was appointed as the commander-in- chief in Ji County, he repaired the Huangyaguan Pass and redesigned it. This pass is the only one around the county, and also the starting point of the Great Wall marathon. Then, drive to Taipingzhai and walk back to the Huangyaguan Pass which was rebuilt in 1980's but it is hilly wall with some big stairs.it takes 2 -2.5 hours walking on the Great Wall.
Inclusions for All Inclusive Private Hiking Tour To Qing East Tomb And Huangyaguang Great Wall
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Lunch in the local restaurant
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for All Inclusive Private Hiking Tour To Qing East Tomb And Huangyaguang Great Wall
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please wear comfortable hiking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Join-in Tour by Train
- Simata Great Wall one day tour with Lunch
- Beijing Private Car Airport Pickup with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station pick-up with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport return trip with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station return trip with English Speaking Driver