All-inclusive Xishuiyu Great Wall To Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall Hiking Tour - Beijing
OverviewEnjoy the hiking tour on Xishuiyu to Huanghuacheng great wall, one of the few sections of the Great Wall which is linked by mountains and rivers in Beijing. You're accompanied by a private hiking tour guide on a moderately challenging 5-hour hiking, You'll find vivid scenery along the way, and finish with lunch at alocal restaurant.
Know More about this tourMeet your personal guideupon pickup in your hotel lobby, then relax in the comfort of your private vehicle forthe 2.5-hour drive to
the Huanghuacheng Great Wall. On arrival, embark on a 5-hour hiking for physically fit participants who appreciate the outdoors. it's a challenging hiking but much less crowded than other sections.
Huanghuacheng Great Wall also known as the Great Wall under the Water, because three separate sections of the wall are submerged in the Xishuiyu Reservoir. It is located in Huairou District,about 60 kilometers (37.3 miles) from Beijing. It was so named for the abundant yellow flowers (in Chinese: Huang Hua) that bloom in midsummer. It is famous for its harmonious mixture of the splendid wall, an awesome mountain and a great wide swath of water. This resort attracts the discerning visitor who wants to gad around off the beaten track.
Built during the reign of Emperor Yongle (1404-1592) during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), the wall was a military fortress defending the capital as well as imperial tomb cluster, the Ming Tombs. According to legend, General Cai Kai took charge of the construction of this section, but was beheaded in a frame-up for jerry-rigging the construction. When the emperor later found the wall was truly firm, a tomb and tablet was made for him as atonement. The wall is approximately 14 kilometers (15 yards) long, snaking over the mountain ridge or ducking in and out of the water, a singularly wonderful landscape. The highest point of the wall is a broken watchtower, and from there you will have a wide panoramic view of the whole valley. From this summit the Wall dives steeply downwards into the valley.
After the tour, you will transferred back to your hotel.
The Huanghuacheng section of the Great Wall is located in Huairou District, about 60 kilometers (37.3 miles) from Beijing. It was so named for the abundant yellow flowers (in Chinese: Huang Hua) that bloom in midsummer. It is also known as the Great Wall under the Water, because three separate sections of the wall are submerged in the Xishuiyu Reservoir. It is famous for its harmonious mixture of the splendid great wall, beautiful mountains and blue water surrounding. This section of the Great Wall was renovated based on the original style, steep and hazardous. No parapets on neither-side. Follow by the ridge to the top where you can have a bird-eye-view of the reservoir, the awarding spectacular view of the Great Wall in the mountain and lake. Walking downwards on this part of the original wild part to Xishuiyu. The total trek is around 5 hours, lunch will be provided at a local restaurant. Your tour concludes with the
Inclusions for All-inclusive Xishuiyu Great Wall To Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall Hiking Tour
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Local food Lunch
- Hiking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for All-inclusive Xishuiyu Great Wall To Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall Hiking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-9 hours layover tour to Great Wall & Forbidden City
- 4-5 hours layover night tour in Beijing city
- Private Trip to Tianjin from Beijing
- Private Full Day Tour: Terra Cotta Army
- Private Full Day Authentic Local Markets and Spa Tour
- Full Day Private Authentic Beijing Tour
- Private Full Day Tour: Amazing Beijing Highlights
- Private 3 days Celebrity Cruise Tours