Alnwick Castle As Featured In Harry Potter And Scottish Borders Day Trip From Edinburgh
OverviewCombine movie magic and historic wonder on this trip through the Scottish Borders and Northumberland. You will visit the picturesque seaside village of Bamburgh and take in the superb views of the 5th century Bamburgh Castle. But it is Alnwick Castle thats the true star of this show. Its not only a key filming location for Harry Potter and Downton Abbey; its also a historic location of epic conquests and royal splendor. Take this trip and become enthralled by Scottish & English borders regions.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
We leave Edinburgh at8.15am and head south to the Borders. On the way, you will see the gently rolling hills and dramatic coastlines of East Lothian. Our first stop is the beautiful coastal town Bamburgh. Take a stroll to the stunning beach and view the dramatic 5th century Bamburgh Castle sitting on a natural throne of volcanic dolerite.
In the afternoon, we will meet the star of the show, Alnwick Castle. There is far too much to do here; admire large stately rooms and beautiful architecture, explore the spectacular gardens or learn a little about all the popular films and TV shows that have been filmed here.
After spending time in Alnwick, we make our way back over the border and in to Scotland. Our final stop is the border town of Coldstream that lies on the north side of the River Tweed. Hear about the turbulent past of this charming town before our journey ends in Edinburgh, early evening.
Inclusions for Alnwick Castle As Featured In Harry Potter And Scottish Borders Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Alnwick Castle As Featured In Harry Potter And Scottish Borders Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Alnwick Castle (approx 14.50 per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Extended Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Old Town
- 1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and Tasting in Edinburgh
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh New Town
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Dean village
- Private Evening Summer 3hr Tour of Edinburgh in a Mini Cooper
- Shore Excursion: The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Alternative Pub Crawl