Water Encounters Santarem is the merging of two giants with an intriguing image and one of the most beautiful and surprising event of the nature between the Amazon River and Tapajos Rivers known as Encounter of the waters in Santarem
An awesome event that you can see daily, including from the shores of Santarm. However, for a better contemplation it is best to observe closely, the scenery is breathtaking, so much that some of our clients come to jump into the water to feel on the skin, the difference of the two rivers. It is a wonderful feeling, the water from the Amazon River is denser, as more heavy and hot and the Tapajs River is lighter and colder in the same time.
(1) Green Lakemade of 14 natural springs and an amazing flora where we will swim in crystal fresh waters among numerous colors fish. We will also make a beautiful canoe rid to theenchanted forestenjoying the peace and beauty of the forest. We will also observe many birds in the lake and with a little luck; we may see monkeys and sloths on the islands.
(2) Island of lovefor a nice 1 hour trail to the(3) Piraoca mountwith a fantastic 360 degree view where you can take amazing pictures of the Green Lake, Alter do Cho and the Tapajs river. Customers that likes tranquility and beauty can wait on the beach take a dip and have a few drinks.
(3) Piranha Lakewith real black piranha for observation.
(4) Selvagem beachwhere we will make a delightful picnic with fresh fruits watermelon, pineapple, banana, passion fruit, orange, apple and coconut. This beach is an incredible setting for photos, walk on a white sand beach, climb on giant rocks and swim in a paradise that looks like the sea.
(5) Crocodile Lakewhere nature still in balance and harmony one of the most beautiful lakes in the region with real alligators, turtles and a lot of beauty.
(6) Ponta de Pedras for a delicious local lunch of fish, meat or wild chicken and all the regional dishes. After lunch and several pictures in the iconic stone tip we will navigate to (7) Black Lake Tapar Lake
(8) Water Encounters Santaremwhere you can enjoy the beauty of this event and see the city of Santarm. You can also watch the pink and gray dolphins swimming side by side and if you wish, you can feel the difference between both water swimming directly at the Encounter of the waters in Santarm.
(9) Cururu tip where numerous boats anchors to see a fabulous sunset on a beautiful beach with sand dunes extending for tens of meters in the Tapajs River
With Selvagem Tours, you have the safety, comfort and professionals at your side making all the difference in your tours.