OverviewThe Alternative Tour will show the most interesting neighborhoods in Copenhagen - and the diversity of those. The most hip and trendy parts of town as well as the red light district and Christiania.
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Highlights Guided tour of the off-the-beaten path and alternative parts of Copenhagen. Stroll through the most rogue parts of the city, visit a homeless shelter and see how Denmark deals with the homeless. Get a real insider's glance at Copenhagen that most visitors don't get What You Can Expect Outside of the centre and away from the mainstream attractions you’ll find a very different Copenhagen. End the tour near the self-declared "Free State of Christiania," located just south of the central train station and the über-hip Vesterbro district. You'll be given all the key information so that if you decide, you can explore it (not included).
Beyond the hipsters and gelato stands, there’s an amazing tale to tell about Copenhagen’s underground scene and the people who have made it, and continue to make it, great. This is more than just a story of hipsters and down-and-outs; this is a tale of a totally different world questioning the social, political and cultural status quo. This tour lasts approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes and includes the following destinations:
- The story behind The Free State of Christiania
- The uber-hip district of Vesterbro
- The meat-packing district (Kødbyen)
- The Red-Light District
- The Green-Light District
- Mikkeller gypsy brewer
- Det skarpe Hjrne, Copenhagens hard drug nerve
- Mændenes hjem, homeless shelter
- The New Theatre (Det ny teater)
- Absalonsgade museum street
- The Royal shooting range
And much, much more!
Inclusions for Alternative Tour Copenhagen
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Alternative Tour Copenhagen
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.