OverviewThis 6-hour tour will take you to Altun Ha, the ruins of an ancient Mayan city in Belize. You will also have the opportunity to go cave tubing along the Branch Rivera Caves.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourThis tour will take you to visit a Mayan ruin where you can learn about a great civilization that inhabited Belize over 3,000 years ago. Journey through the Mayan underworld, tubing through underground caves over 175,000 years old as your headlights reveal many untouched crystal formations below the surface of the earth.
Altun Ha was first settled somewhere around 250 BC, with construction of the buildings beginning in 100 AD and continuing throughout the Classic Period that ended in the 10th century. Some 10,000 Mayans lived in and around Altun Ha, which was a significant trading center as evidenced by the large amounts of jade and obsidian excavated here in the early sixties and seventies.
Altun Ha Tour: spanning a 25 square mile area roughly an hour from Belize City, Altun Ha is made up of two central plazas surrounded by towering temples that enclose the palm strewn land. The larger of the two plazas, Plaza A, is the site of a mysterious tomb discovered beneath one of the temples called Temple of the Green Tomb. Jade, jewelry, flints and skins are among the three hundred remnants that were unearthed here.
Cave tubing provides thrills to suit nearly any age and fitness level. After a brief 30-minute hike to the entrance of the cave, inner tubes are used to float along the Caves Branch River. See your light flicker upon strange shapes and the ultimate darkness beyond.
Hear the echo of your own voice bounce off the distant walls. Listen to the water dripping from the ceiling, creating spectacular formations in the stunning chambers. And while you might be expecting dark and claustrophobic passageways, you are likely to find enormous chambers and cathedral-sized rooms.
You will be driven back to your hotel or cruise port at the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Altun Ha And Cave Tubing Tour From Belize City
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Altun Ha And Cave Tubing Tour From Belize City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Please dress appropriately for this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.