Altun Ha Maya Ruins From San IgnacioWrite a Review
OverviewYou will be picked up from your hotel at 8am and drive to Altun Ha. You will explore the ruins, have lunch and return to San Ignacio where you will be dropped off back at your hotel.
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourThis is an all day tour. After a 2-hour drive, you will arrive in Altun Ha from San Ignacio. There you will learn about all the cultural history and where the Mayas played their soccer game which is known as Pokatok.
Discoveries of rich tombs indicated that the ruling elite enjoyed access to substantial amounts of exotic goods. Altun Ha was a wealthy ceremonial center boasting two main plazas, thirteen structures including the Temple of the Sun God and the Temple of the Masonry Altars. You are able to climb the ruins and take as many pictures you like. There's a gift shop in case you would like to buy souvenirs. After the tour to the Maya Ruins, you will stop for lunch before returning to San Ignacio.
Inclusions for Altun Ha Maya Ruins From San Ignacio
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Altun Ha Maya Ruins From San Ignacio
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.