The guide meets you at the hotel lobby, the cruise port, or the airport, then board a air condition van and the the guide gives a narrated tour of Belize City, the rural areas and local customs. the drive is 1 hour from the port to Altun Ha. Our tour starts in Belize City, seeing the landmarks of the colonial era, the Baron bliss lighthouse, the Fort George Area, the Memorial park, the bustling city life of the school kids,commuters, pedestrians, fast food vendors at the street corners, the colorful painted residences and the business area. the guide also stops to show unique flowering plants, fruit trees and birds. Then Exiting the city we see the Olde Belize River, once used by Maya traders in dug out canoes a thousand years ago, and during the 1800's for floating Mahagony logs down river to the Caribbean coastline. The drive passes thru rural villages, grassland savannah, mangrove forest and the Rain Forest and arriving at the Maya Pyramids of Altun Ha. The facilities here are modern, then we enter the visitors center and see the replica of the Jade Head, and a tomb as was found in the Sun temple. Then we walk into the main square where we are in awe of the structures built between 200 BC to 900 AD. in this first Plaza we see and share information of the findings of the archeological excavations that occurred during 1964 to 1974 Field seasons. Findings revealed that the Temples were built with ceremonial architecture design and the maya religious beliefs, Mask of gods, stairways to the upper world and under world , hence the land of the gods. Go up the temple to get photos and views that were for the royal of ancient time. then the guide leads you to see the hidden mask of the god behind a structure, the guide then shares the knowledge of some interesting plants and trees in the area, the tour continues to the second plaza featuring the residential area where excavations found skeleton remains in the rooms and artifacts such as polychrome vessels, then its the highlight of the day, approaching the Sun Temple with mask of gods and at the summit the pyramid is the sacrificial altar, the guide shares more information of the vast wealth of findings found inside this structure including our most precious stone the Jade Head, the largest carved object found in the maya world. and after enjoying the views from up top, its time to come back down, return to the van for the drive back to the city.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
9:30 Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Departure Details :
Fort street Tourism Village Terminal ONE EXIT street side
OverviewThis sightseeing tour passes thru the historic area of Belize city, Memorial Park, Baron Bliss Lighthouse, the BELIZE sign, Lindbergh Landing, residential areas, school areas, business areas, alongside the Old Belize River, rural communities, small farms. Arriving at the Ancient city of Altun Ha, known for its ceremonial Temples with mask of gods, the sacrificial altar, and major tombs found here revealing a wealth of information and artifacts.
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Xunantunich Mayan Ruin and Cave Tubing from Hopkins
- Cave Tubing and Zip lining Combo Tour
- Cave Tubing and Altun Ha Combo Tour
- Full Day Fishing and Mayan Temple Experience
- Lamanai Maya Temple and Baboon Encounter from Belize City - PRIVATE
- Cave Tubing and The Belize Zoo Combo Tour
- Xunantunich Mayan Adventure