Alvarado And Tlacotalpan Day Trip From Veracruz
OverviewSee the historic Mexican towns of Alvarado and Tlacotalpan on this day trip from Veracruz. It's an opportunity to learn about the Spanish conquest of Mexico in the context of Alvarados colonial architecture, and to enjoy the colorful landmarks of Tlacotalpan. While in Tlacotalpan, youll also discover the UNESCO World Heritage sites more recent cultural history at two small museums dedicated to successful local artists from the 19th and 20th centuries. Transport from your Veracruz-area hotel is included.
Know More about this tourYour day trip from Veracruz starts with morning pickup at your hotel for a 1-hour drive south to Alvarado. During the trip, enjoy the coastal views of the Gulf of Mexico from your van windows.
As you explore the port city, situated between the Papaloapan River and the Gulf of Mexico, listen to your guide explain some of its history that dates back to the early 1500s, when Spanish conqueror Pedro de Alvarado arrived and named the town after himself.
Take a break to get lunch on your own (at own expense) before re-boarding the van for the half-hour drive inland to Tlacotalpan. The UNESCO World Heritage city boasts Easter eggbright buildings and a historic art scene influenced by Spanish and Caribbean traditions.
Get a better sense of the towns creative side on visits to two small museums dedicated to local artists. At the Ferrando Museum (Museo Ferrando), see a collection of works by the 19th-century painter Salvador Ferrando. For musical inspiration, check out Casa Museo Agustn Lara to learn about Agustn Lara, a well-known singer and songwriter. Afterward, admire city sights such as the Church of the Virgin of Candelaria, named after the patron saint of the city, the Virgin Mary. If you're visiting the first week of February, take part in the popular Candlemas festivities.
Your day trip ends with the return drive back to your hotel in Veracruz.
Inclusions for Alvarado And Tlacotalpan Day Trip From Veracruz
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
Exclusions for Alvarado And Tlacotalpan Day Trip From Veracruz
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.