OverviewExperience two of southern Italys UNESCO World Heritage sites on a day trip from Sorrento. Travel by air-conditioned coach to the spectacular Amalfi Coast and after admiring views of Positano, enjoy free time in the town of Amalfi to sightsee and have lunch independently. Lastly, continue to Pompeii for a walking tour. Learn how the city was destroyed by the 79 AD eruption of Mt Vesuvius and explore its age-old streets and highlights as your guide chronicles life here 2,000 years ago. Entrance fees and meals at your own expense.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourLeave central Sorrento or your Sorrento hotel by air-conditioned coach and travel east with your guide to the Amalfi Coast, awarded UNESCO World Heritage status for its gorgeous coastal landscapes.
After roughly 30 minutes, arrive at the world-famous coast and hop out of your coach at Positano, one of its prettiest towns. Made up of pastel-painted houses that tumble down to the Mediterranean Sea, this picture-postcard place is a sight to behold.
After hearing tales of Positano’s history, you will have some free time to visit it on your own(1h approx.). Continue east to the town of Amalfi, another of the coastline’s picture-postcard spots. Here, enjoy up to three hours of free time to stroll the narrow streets, visit the stunning 9th-century cathedral (own expense) and relax over lunch (own expense) at one of the many tempting restaurants.
When the time comes, rejoin your guide and coach and head to your next stop, the Roman ruins of Pompeii. Buried under burning ash and pumice during a catastrophic eruption of Mt Vesuvius in 79AD, the remains of this once-flourishing city, frozen in time by the preserving ash and rubble, offer a captivating window into life during Roman times.
On arrival, head inside (own expense) and set off on a walking tour of the highlights with an expert guide. Walk down the original Roman streets past ancient shops and houses, and admire some of the still-vivid frescoes and mosaics that attest to the wealth of some of Pompeii’s elite.
Explore the Forum, once Pompeii’s bustling main square, and check out the fresco-adorned thermal baths as well as other sights, all as your guide recounts what life was like here 2,000 years ago.
After around two hours, return to your coach and end your trip with a drop-off at the original start point in Sorrento.
Inclusions for Amalfi Coast And Pompeii Day Trip From Sorrento
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide in Pompeii
Exclusions for Amalfi Coast And Pompeii Day Trip From Sorrento
- Entrance fee to Pompeii (approx. 11 Euros per person)
- Entrance fee to Amalfi Cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Please note: The order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.