Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome By High-Speed Train
OverviewIf you thought it was impossible to get to the Amalfi Coast from Rome and back again in a day, then think again! With our tour you can take in the all the marvels of the Amalfi Coast on the only guided day tour from Rome via high-speed train! This is your chance to experience this UNESCO recognized landscape, as well as see its top two jewels, the towns of Amalfi and Positano, all with captivating and entertaining insight from a local expert guide throughout the day. In addition to the stunning vistas and awe-inspiring towns, you will also get off the beaten path for a taste of one of the regions world famous specialties, Buffalo Mozzarella, from a working cheese-maker that produces this delicacy fresh every day!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Round-trip train fares
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tour
First, meet our representative at Romes Termini Station where you will benefit from fast transportation via high-speed train to Naples. After meeting your local guide right at the Naples train station, you will drive out of the city on a comfortable private coach, past Mt. Vesuvius and slowly enter the winding roads and lemon orchards that characterize this part of the Campania region as you hear the local history and get insider recommendations from your guide. Along the way youll even have the chance to stop for amazing photo-ops at the most evocative panoramas.
The Amalfi Coast is home to some of the most beautiful scenery that Italy has to offer, and in the Bel Paese that is saying a lot. It is a narrow stretch of land on the southern side of the Sorrento Peninsula between lush peaks reaching heights of over 4,000 feet that seem to dive into emerald waters, secluded bays and cozy beaches, with tiny pastel villages springing up here and there all the way down.
The first stop is the most picturesque town on the entire coast, Positano, whose houses seem to tumble down into the sea amid narrow alleyways, chic boutiques, typical restaurants, and Dolce vita cafs. Come here, and its easy to see why. Its charm will seep into your pores as you shop for local limoncello, visit the church of Santa Maria Assunta or people watch from a restaurant terrace.
Your next stop will be the former capital of the maritime republic that gave the whole area its name, the town of Amalfi. Once one of the most important trading powers in the Mediterranean, this port city in miniature is home to a dazzling piazza, pristine medieval cathedral and streets that will captivate you with their fairytale-like flavor. Here you will also be able to have free time for lunch, climb the immense staircase to the Cathedral (Duomo) to visit its arabesque cloister, as well as shop for Amalfis famous handmade bambagina paper. If you prefer to relax on the beach, the tiny bay is an inviting place for a dip!
After taking in the crown jewels of the Amalfi coast, you will travel up the verdant mountains that cradle it to take in more incredible views of the sky and sea below. Here you will have the rare privilege to see how one of Italys most famous foods is made from a real local cheesemaker. We are of course speaking of real Buffalo Mozzarella cheese! Also known as the queen of Mediterranean cuisine, this delicacy is made with pure buffalos milk, and it will be hard to go back to the stuff you get back home once youve tried it. Try other delicious locally produced cheeses like the caciocavallo, as you browse through this amazing family-run shop.
See the Amalfi Coast as never before and let your senses by captivated by the sights, sounds and flavors that have made it so cherished on this comprehensive guided day tour from Rome that is sure to be the highlight of your trip to Italy!
Inclusions for Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome By High-Speed Train
- Tour as per description
- Mozzarella cheese tasting at a local producer
- Local expert English-speaking guide
- Train tickets
Exclusions for Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome By High-Speed Train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food/Beverage (when not mentioned in the Inclusions)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour
- Night in Rome on a Vespa
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant