Greet your gastronomic guide in your Beijing City center hotel lobby.Travel by taxi to the old Beijing neighborhood area - Hutong, and walk around the alleys where you will find some extraordinary food items either in some famous local restaurants or at street foodstalls.
Here is the sample food tasting menus for the Brave Man:
- Black chicken feet: ugly handwriting because eating the chicken's feet?
- Douzhi and Jiaoquan: When in Beijing, do as the Beijingers do. Douzhi is a fermented mung bean drink which is a bit similar to soy milk but slightly sour. Drinking Douzhi is the best way to tell if a person is a local Beijing or not. Jiaoquan is the best side snack for Douzhi.
- Bovine testessoup: Chinese believe that"if one eats an organ of an animal, then it will be good for the corresponding organ in one's body."
- Donkey burger: A famous saying: "Goose is the best meat from Sky, donkey is the best meat on the ground."
- Barbecue chickenheart: It surely helps you toretain a strong heart.
- Barbecue Pig Brain This certainly makes you wiser
- Duck's tongue: What a romantic French Kiss with Duck? (If you don't like to kiss duck, you can choose ox or pig)
- Pig's intestine and lung soup: One of the famous dishes that origins fromForbidden city's Imperial Kitchen!
- Pigs' feetNature collagen is good for your skin
- 100 years old preserved egg: To see is to believe; To eat is to experience!
- Niu Er: Famous localliquor (56% alcohol)
- Jellyfish: It is the best combination with Niu Er.
- Bamboo worm:Itis one of the most common larvae in Yunnan Province.It is considered as a quality metandfull of protein
After your amazing food challenge tour is completed, you can choose to continue exploring the areaon your own or your guide willhelp you to find a taxi to transfer back to your hotel