American Fine Art Tour In PhiladelphiaWrite a Review
OverviewGain a deeper insight into American art on this walking tour led by an expert art scholar. Browse paintings and sculptures at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and Second Bank of the United States Portrait Gallery, both US National Historic Landmarks. Your guide will share extensive knowledge of the 19th-century American art movement and will explain how it ties into the nations history.
This small-group tour is limited to six people, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet at the Pennsylvania Hospital's Medical Practices Building in the morning to begin your 3-hour American art walking tour. Your expert guide -- a museum curator or art history professor -- will teach you about the visionaries Gilbert Stuart and Charles Willson Peale, who spearheaded the American art movement in the 19th century.
Start at the historic Second Bank of the United States, a US National Historic Landmark. Inside, walk through the art gallery that houses a large and famous collection of portraits of prominent American figures painted by various artists. One of these artists is Charles Willson Peale, a friend of Thomas Jefferson and the great portraitist of George Washington who is credited for establishing the first art museum and school in the US: the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
Your guide will take you to this historic site, another US National Historic Landmark, where you’ll encounter Peale's The Artist in His Museum as well as works by West, Stuart and Krimmel.
Throughout your tour, your guide will discuss how American fine art took shape within the cultural and artistic communities of the young nation. You’ll also gain an in-depth understanding of the art movement within a greater context of global influences, philosophical inquiry and evolving national identities as you trace the movement from the 20th century to today.
Inclusions for American Fine Art Tour In Philadelphia
- Expert guide
- Second Bank Portrait Gallery
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
Exclusions for American Fine Art Tour In Philadelphia
- $15 entrance fee to Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 13 not allowed
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Philadelphia Segway - Full City Tour
- Philadelphia Segway - Old City Historic Tour
- Constitutional Walking Tour Of Philadelphia
- Tavern Tour Of Philadelphia
- Private Full Day City Of Philadelphia Driving Tour
- Two-Hour Mural Mile Philadelphia Walking Tour
- Private Rocky Movie Tour
- Private Driving Tour Of Lancaster And Amish Country
- Old City Walking Tour In Philadelphia