Amsterdam City Bike Tour
OverviewSee Amsterdam’s quirkiest quarters and wonderful waterways on an exciting 3-hour guided city bike tour. Be introduced to an eclectic selection of sights you may never have found on your own. Pedal past Dam Square and the Red Light District, where historical buildings such as the Oude Kerk (Old Church) overlook red-lit windows. Hear about the liberal drug laws and the coffeeshop scene. Depending on the day and your guide, you might see sights such as the Anne Frank House (Anne Frankhuis), Vondelpark and the Jordaan district.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourAfter introductions with your guide, set off to explore Amsterdam like the locals do: by bike! With around 250 miles (400 km) of bike lanes and paths traversing the flat urban terrain, Amsterdam is a cyclist's dream.
Follow your seasoned guide around the city by bike, as they lead you to well-known local landmarks and lesser-known attractions. No one tour will be the same; each individual guide tailors the route to best show off their local knowledge.
You might start of at Museum Square, home to three of the citys major museums including the Van Gogh Museum, then cruise onward to the bustling Dam Square to admire views of the classical Royal Palace.
Venture into the infamous Red Light District and observe how grand architecture sits side by side with seedy neon-lit alleys. Hear about the liberal drug and prostitution laws that govern the city, and let your guide point out interesting venues and nightclubs.
Afterward, you might slow things down on a serene ride through Vondelpark, a green oasis in the city, or journey through the much sought-after Jordaan district, a picturesque old working class neighborhood. Alternatively, seek out Anne Frank House, where the young diarist and her family hid from the Nazis.
Toward the end of the tour, sit down for a drink with your guide at one of their favorite local hangouts (own expense), then return to the departure point in central Amsterdam, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Amsterdam City Bike Tour
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
Exclusions for Amsterdam City Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
This tour operates with English language only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amsterdam Shore Excursion: Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam Canal Hop-On Hop-Off Day Pass
- Amsterdam Bar and Club Tour
- Bloemendaal Highlights: Guided Bike Tour from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Evening Burger and Beer Cruise
- Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam Canal Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Day Pass
- Delft, The Hague and Madurodam Half-Day Trip from Amsterdam