OverviewEnjoy this 2.5-hour private walking tour of Amsterdam´s major and lesser known sights. Additionally you will learn about a historical evolution that emerged out of the Amstel River back in the 7th century and more.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Meet your personal guide at 10am at the Basilica of Saint Nicholas for an introduction to Amsterdam's history. On this private 2.5-hour walking tour, learn how a small 12th-century fishing village became one of the most popular cities in the world. Alongside your guide, crisscross the city center's iconic canals and bridges while peeking into quiet courtyards. Discover the city's main landmarks like Dam Square, historical churches, Prinsengracht, Begijnof, Nieuwmarkt, leaning houses, the thinnest house, the oldest canals, Chinatown, the medieval city gate, and more. Learn to navigate Amsterdam's sometimes-tricky streets and gain insider knowledge to help maximize your time spent in the city. The tour concludes around 12:30pm.
Inclusions for Amsterdam City Center Private Historical Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Amsterdam City Center Private Historical Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maximum of 10 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Notes: The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour. We recommend comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain and hat during summer. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some can’t be visited from the inside.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.