Amsterdam Hit The Streets With A Local
OverviewDiscover Amsterdam's highlights and secrets on this (very) small walking tour of max 8 people. Hit the streets to enjoythisgreat cultural and architectural treasure of Europe. Orientate yourself with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide to seeAmsterdams most curious sites likePrinseneiland, The Joordan, 9 Straat Canals,Leidseplein and flower market.Immerse yourself in local life of Amsterdam and enjoy the city like a local with a local in just 3 hours.
Know More about this tourJoin your (very) small group at the Central Station, there will be a max of 8 people so it is always an intimate experience. Your guide is a professional guide with a license and also a local from Amsterdam who is very knowledgable.
Start at the Prinseniland and the neighborhoods most striking monuments, markets, street art hotspots, and little-known local haunts. Learn whether or not this colourful micro sub inspired The Beatles, it certainly makes for some good photos. See the submarine which is just one of hundreds of boats moored on Prinseneiland. Many are classic wooden sailing craft or barges, and the wharf-lined docks are a bustling place to investigate on foot.
The area attracts many artists and it has a lot to offer visitors. See thepicturesque and very expensive homes which in the past were all warehouses, used for storing the goods that came from Amsterdams port.
Continue onto the Joordan which is Amsterdam's mostfamous neighbourhood. Watch how the gentrification of decades has worked to attract more galleries, restaurants, specialty shops and upwardly-mobile residents to its higgledy-piggledy scenic streets.
Follow your guide to 9 Straat Canals,Amsterdam's 17th century canal ring areaand enjoy one of the marvels of the worldsarchitecture. Learn as your guide documents the history of this unique urban development.
Take pictures of these 9 picturesque alleyways in the Amsterdam canal belt. In the heart of Unescos World Heritage, just behind Dam Square and on the way from Anne Frank to Rijksmuseum De 9 Straatjes is the ideal neighbourhood to get to know Amsterdam in all its variety and richness. The area offers a great overview of the architectural style of Amsterdam heritage. After 400 years it is still very lively with artisanal businesses, hidden cafes, hotspot restaurants and galleries, and a unique offer of specialized and authentic shops.
Its a great place for a bite to eat and end your walking tour.
Inclusions for Amsterdam Hit The Streets With A Local
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Amsterdam Hit The Streets With A Local
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Windmills & Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam
- Private Windmills & Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam
- Dutch Countryside Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour from Amsterdam and Zaanse Schans cruise
- Combi ticket: city centre walking tour & canal cruise
- The Mystery of A Secret Sender
- Texel bike tour
- Roundtrip Transfer Schiphol Airport - Amsterdam
- Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum with Amsterdam Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour