What You'll Do
Begin your evening in historic Alfama or Mouraria, the characteristic neighbourhoods in the medieval quarter of the city where this traditional folk music was born and enjoy an evening of music and delicious food at a spot that's loved by locals!
Head to one of Lisbon's most famous casa de fados, where you can hear professional fado singers sing this hauntingly beautiful music while you enjoy dinner. Or, if you'd prefer to really get off the beaten path, visit one of the area's tiny taverns which have been around for decades where locals play for one another for a truly authentic experience after you've enjoyed dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Your Local Host will take you to spots which you wouldn't find in a guidebook, where the locals really go to play fado themselves or sip the local cherry liqueur while they listen to others in the neighbourhood sing.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, who will be able to recommend other spots to taste the best local dishes and regional specialities, as well as share with you other bars in the city you could visit to listen to fado on another night as well as giving you recommendations for the rest of your stay in Lisbon.
What To Expect
* Join a Local Host for an evening listening to fado, the traditional Portuguese folk music and enjoying some authentic local food
* Head to a casa de fado, where you can enjoy a meal during a fado show
* Or, if you'd prefer, let your local recommend an authentic neighbourhood restaurant and head to a tiny tavern afterwards to listen to fado, in true local style!
* Discover where the best fado bars in the city are, that you won't find in a guidebook
* Hear this beautiful music in the historic neighbourhood that it was born in