Anchorage Shore Excursion: Pre- Or Post-Cruise Turnagain Arm And Alaska Wildlife TourWrite a Review
OverviewAdmire epic scenery and spot Alaskan wildlife on this tour from Anchorage, which takes you along the Seward Highway to the Turnagain Arm and the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Keep your eye out for whales, wolves, moose, goats and sheep on your drive, and get up close to bears, elk and caribou on your educational tour of the rescue and rehabilitation center. You also have the option to adopt an animal!
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your downtown Anchorage hotel, travel along the Seward Highway, a National Scenic Byway and one of only 15 roads in the US designated as an All-American Road. As you make your way along the Turnagain Arm, enjoy the amazing Alaskan scenery and stop to view wildlife such as sheep, mountain goats, moose, whales, wolves and eagles. You’ll then arrive at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
This privately owned non-profit organization is dedicated to preserving Alaska’s wildlife through public education. The center rescues orphaned and injured animals and provides spacious enclosures and quality animal care. Animals that cannot be released into the wild are given a permanent home at the center.
On your guided tour, get up-close views of bears, moose, elk, caribou and other Alaskan animals. You’ll spend 3.5 hours here viewing wildlife and learning about the center’s rescue and rehabilitation efforts.
You also have the unique opportunity to adopt an animal! For an additional cost, payable directly to the center, you can help support your chosen animal. You’ll receive an adoption certificate, and the center’s professional staff will provide the special diet, environment and veterinary care that your animal requires. Simply ask you tour guide for an adoption form or ask for more details when you make your tour reservation.
After your tour, relax on the scenic drive back to your hotel in Anchorage.
Inclusions for Anchorage Shore Excursion: Pre- Or Post-Cruise Turnagain Arm And Alaska Wildlife Tour
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
Exclusions for Anchorage Shore Excursion: Pre- Or Post-Cruise Turnagain Arm And Alaska Wildlife Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.