Anchorage Shore Excursion: Pre- Or Post-Cruise Turnagain Arm And Wildlife Conservation Center Tour With Optional Portage Glacier Cruise
OverviewThe Seward Highway is a National Scenic Highway, and for good reason! Almost immediately after your tour guide picks you up, youll learn why. Together well drive from your hotel, down the Turnagain Arm to the aerial tram on Mt. Alyeska. At the top we will enjoy stunning panoramas (weather permitting) of the Alaska wilderness. From this height on a clear day we can view glaciers and the foothills of the Chugach Mountains where they meet the sea at Cook Inlet.The next highlight is the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. This rescue center is home to bears, a musk ox herd, a wood bison herd that was once thought to be extinct, moose, elk, caribou, and more! Lunch is included at a local eatery in Girdwood, where we can experience some local culture.
Know More about this tour
This is the spectacular Turnagain Arm tour, where some of the best scenery in Alaska resides. We start the day off in Anchorage, heading southto Mt. Alyeska. The summit of Mt. Alyeska is almost 4,000 feet high and its slopes average 54 feet of snow every year. Well take a tram up to 2,280 ft and the viewing decks of the Roundhouse Museum. Weather permitting, well see several glaciers from this viewpoint, as well as Turnagain Arm from the museums viewing decks.Then well take the tram back down the mountain for lunch at our favorite eatery at the base of the Chugach mountains. Youll feast on the bottomless soup of the day, famous sourdough bread, and delicious desserts (Note: seasonally, our lunch venue may occasionally change. Please let us know your dietary restrictions in advance). Non-alcoholic beverages are included. Enjoy lunch family-style: indoors, or outside among the beautiful flowers.
After an Alaska-sized lunch, well travel on to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a rescue and rehabilitation organization for Alaskas wild mammals. Here well view grizzly bears, eagles, families of elk and bison, lynx and other furry friends.
Up next its glaciers! Well get up close and personal with Portage Glacier on a 1-hour cruise across Portage Lake. An on-board naturalists will share interpretive facts and stories about the land, the local flora and fauna, and the beautiful glaciers of the Portage Valley. Together well learn about glaciers and watch (and listen) to Portage Glacier, which once filled the entire valley and connected what are now five separate glaciers. Your captain aboard the MV Ptarmigan will take you to a safe distance from the edge of the glacier so you can experience its radiant hues and ancient power.
Inclusions for Anchorage Shore Excursion: Pre- Or Post-Cruise Turnagain Arm And Wildlife Conservation Center Tour With Optional Portage Glacier Cruise
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
Portage Glacier cruise (if option selected)
Exclusions for Anchorage Shore Excursion: Pre- Or Post-Cruise Turnagain Arm And Wildlife Conservation Center Tour With Optional Portage Glacier Cruise
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Turnagain Arm Scenic Winter Tour with Aerial Tram Ride
- Denali National Park Flightseeing Tour from Talkeetna
- Fat Tire Biking in Chugach State Park Tour
- Alaska Wildlife Tour
- Guided Winter Wildlife and Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Tour
- Glacier Discovery Tour
- Alaska Brewery and Railroad Experience from Anchorage
- Mt McKinley Flightseeing Tour from Anchorage with Glacier Landing