Anchorage Summer Sunset Photo Safari
OverviewCapture the magic of the Midnight Sun! Photograph stunning Alaska landscapes with technical and creative support provided by local, professional photographer guides who know where to be and when. This tour is designed to accommodate picture takers, but non-photographer guests are welcome to join in and enjoy the views. Natural history and historical narratives are provided along the way. Departure is based on sunset to capitalize on the best light of the day. A flexible itinerary allows for spontaneous stops to photograph wildlife en route and to highlight seasonal changes.
- Led by a professional photographer
- Get inside tips from a local
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourStarting from historical Stewarts Photo Shop on 4th Avenue in downtown Anchorage (unless Anchorage area hotel pickup is pre-arranged), this tour travels in a comfortable, customized tour van along the Cook Inlet Coast. First stop is Earthquake Park, where you'll witness remaining evidence of the magnitude of the 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake and if conditions are right, you will photograph summer light trickling through leaves of a birch forest canopy.
Next up is Point Woronzof, a popular moose hangout with expansive views of Cook Inlet and the Alaska Range. A short stop is made at Lake Hood Floatplane Base, to see and photograph the bustle of summer air traffic. Continuing on to Potter Marsh, an accidental wetland that was created 100 years ago, you'll photograph scenic views and birds in one of the areas most active migratory bird nesting sanctuaries.
Driving further along the scenic Seward Highway, the tour takes a short .5 mile (.8 km) hike at McHugh Creek. Here, you will learn slow shutter techniques while photographing this picturesque river cascading down a craggy mountainside before crashing into Turnagain Arm. In late summer, beluga whales are frequently sited from this spot. Finally, the tour travels high up to Glen Alps in the Chugach Mountains, to photograph panoramic views overlooking Anchorage and Cook Inlet at sunset.
A local guide provides narrative on points of natural and historical significance along the way, as well as technical and creative photographic support. Snacks and water are offered on board the van. State Park restrooms are available at several stops en route.
Please note: This itinerary is flexible and may change based on weather, wildlife and seasonal conditions. The tour is designed to capitalize on the best light and subjects of the evening, which in Alaska are constantly changing!
Inclusions for Anchorage Summer Sunset Photo Safari
- Professional photographer guide
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Exclusions for Anchorage Summer Sunset Photo Safari
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt McKinley Flightseeing Tour from Anchorage with Glacier Landing
- Wildlife and Turnagain Arm Tour
- Glaciers and Wildlife - Super Scenic Guided Day Tour from Anchorage
- Anchorage Transfer: Anchorage Airport to Seward Cruise Port
- Anchorage Transfer: Anchorage Airport to Whittier Cruise Port
- Helicopter Tour and Glacier Landing from Anchorage