OverviewTravel by trolley through Earthquake Park and historic neighborhoods on this one-hour Anchorage tour. Take a comfortable seat in one of three regularly operating cable cars for sights such as seaplanes descending on Lake Spenard and Lake Hood, and moose (safely) crossing the road. Guides with family ties to the area provide unique insight into the local history and culture in Alaska's most populous city. Bonus: This budget-friendly tour comes with a complimentary coupon booklet with some $200 in travel savings.
Know More about this tourHop aboard a red trolley in downtown Anchorage in front of the Visitor Information Center. Trolleys leave every hour (every half hour during the summer), giving you some flexibility in your sightseeing schedule. The trolley covers 15 miles (24 km) over the course of an hour.
Pass through the citys historic neighborhoods as your guide points out interesting trivia about the area. Along the way, watch seaplanes make splashy landings on Lake Hood and Lake Spenard, and travel through Earthquake Park where you can stare in awe at the damages caused by one of the most powerful recorded earthquakes in North American history. Over the course of four minutes, the 9.2 quake split roads, uprooted trees, and brought on a landslide that sent 75 houses into the Cook Inlet. What remains of this hilly landscape overlooking Knik Arm has been turned into a park commemorating this devastating event.
On this tour, you'll also see the historic Alaska Railroad, Westchester Lagoon and maybe even some crossing moose. Your tour ends back at the departure point. Be sure to make use of your complimentary coupon book when you explore Anchorage on your own.
Inclusions for Anchorage Trolley Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Coupon book
Exclusions for Anchorage Trolley Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.