Anchorage Winter Twilight Photo Tour
OverviewCapture the magic of Alaskas winter landscapes and conditions permitting, even the northern lights! Photography support during this tour is provided by a local, professional photographer guide who knows where to be and when. Though this tour is designed to accommodate picture takers, non-photographer guests are welcome too. Natural history and historical narratives are provided along the way. Departure is based on sunset to capitalize on the best light of the day. A flexible itinerary allows for spontaneous stops to photograph wildlife en route and to highlight seasonal changes.
- Led by a professional photographer
- See the sights illuminated at night
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small-group tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourStarting from historical Stewarts Photo Shop on 4th Avenue in downtown Anchorage [or prearranged Anchorage area hotel pickup]. This tour travels in a comfortable vehicle along the Cook Inlet Coast, Turnagain Arm and Glen Alps. The flexible itinerary allows for spontaneous wildlife viewing en route. Moose and Dall sheep are frequently sighted, along with the occasional lynx, great horned own and bald eagle. Depending on the time of season, the first stop is either McHugh Creek, where youll take a short .5 mile (.8 km) hike to photograph this picturesque stream cascading down the mountainside and as winter progresses, intricately shaped rivulets of ice, or Beluga Point, a scenic archaeological site jutting into Turnagain Arm and offering expansive views of the Chugach and Kenai Mountains, and ice flowing in and out on the Turnagain Arm tide. Next stop is Glen Alps, located high in the Chugach Mountains where you'll photograph panoramic views overlooking the Anchorage bowl at sunset and alpenglows reflecting off the snow Chugach peaks. Lastly, the tour travels to Airport Overlook, by way of the Lake Hood [a fascinating bush plane base] to capture Anchorages city skyline during the magical blue hour of twilight.
A local guide provides narrative on points of natural and historical significance along the way, as well as technical and creative photographic support. Snacks and water are offered on board the tour vehicle. State Park restrooms are available at several stops en route.
Please note: this itinerary is flexible and may change based on weather, wildlife and seasonal conditions. The tour is designed to capitalize on the best light and subjects of the evening, which in Alaska are constantly changing!
Inclusions for Anchorage Winter Twilight Photo Tour
- Professional photographer guide
- Live commentary on board
- Small-group tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Anchorage Winter Twilight Photo Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Turnagain Arm and Portage Valley Private Tour
- Anchorage Summer Sunset Photo Safari
- Turnagain Arm and Alaska Wildlife Tour from Anchorage
- Private Tour: Anchorage 3-Hour Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Anchorage International Airport to Hotel
- Turnagain Arm Scenic Winter Tour with Aerial Tram Ride
- Denali National Park Flightseeing Tour from Talkeetna