Ancient Arts Walking Day Tour In Udaipur
OverviewEscape to the unmapped corners of Udaipur, where artists and bazaars beckon. You’ll learn about traditional crafts, from shoemaking to metalwork, and even try your own hands at a pottery wheel. Along the way, sip some chai, snack on samosas, and shop for the best souvenirs in Udaipur.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourEveryone will meet at Gadiya Devra Temple in Udaipur and start this wonderful walking tour. Experience the majestic steps of Gangaur Ghat on the banks of Lake Pichola, the heart of the city. Check out the beautifully restored royal architecture, then have a snack stop at a 150-year-old heritage art house for tea and samosas. The house is intricately decorated with fresco paintings and traditional artwork — a mini private gallery for you to explore!
Later you’ll visit the Sai Mandir and Jagdish Temples, where countless pilgrims visit every day. We’ll then proceed to the Chowk area, and en route see Maje-ki-Baoli, a century-old unique step well. Then, we head to the utensil-making colony of Kasara Ki Oi, and further on to Bada Bazaar. From here, you’ll weave along a trail of local trades and crafts. You’ll walk through the Sunarwada jewellery market and Mochiwada shoe market, where you can indulge your inner shopaholic with pairs of traditionally embroidered Rajasthani jutti (decorated shoes). As you walk through the markets, you’ll have time to chat with locals and learn more about their ancient trades.
The next stop is a local potter’s house, where you’ll witness the traditional techniques for making clay pots and water pitchers. Want to get your hands dirty? Climb behind the potter's wheel and put your skills to the test by making a pot (or if you’re really good, maybe two). The tour will ends at the Delhi Gate. You’ll bid farewell and have the rest of the afternoon free to explore the city on your own.
Inclusions for Ancient Arts Walking Day Tour In Udaipur
- Local English-speaking guide
- One bottle of mineral water
Exclusions for Ancient Arts Walking Day Tour In Udaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is excluded
- Additional items of a personal nature
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small group of a maximum of 12 people
Minimum age is 6 years
As you will be visiting temples and interacting with local people, we recommend conservative clothing. Please also wear comfortable shoes for walking and light, cool clothing for hot days
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.