Ancient Capitals Of Myanmar - Mandalay
OverviewJoin this day trip led by a professional tour guide and you will visit three ancient capitals of Myanmar. Inwa, Sagaing and Amarapura are all located within a days trip of Mandalay and make for an incredible days excursion.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
The Tour: Ancient Capitals of Myanmar
Today the capital of Myanmar is Naypyidaw but over the centuries the seat of power for this country has changed many times. This excursion gives the opportunity to take a trip back in time and visit three of the ancient capitals Inwa, Sagaing and Amarapura.
Pick up is from your Mandalay hotel at 8am to transfer to Inwa, which along with Mandalay is probably Myanmars most famous ancient capital. The ruins of this kingdom from the 14th to the 19th Century are still visible today, although it was eventually abandoned following an earthquake. You will be taken around this fascinating town by horse cart, whilst your guide highlights buildings such as monasteries and the Nan Myint Watch Tower.
Onwards by transfer then to the riverside city of Sagaing, famous for its hundreds of white and gold pagodas which adorn the hills surrounding it. Visit the most famous shrine in the area Soon U Ponya Shin Pagoda originally built in 1312 and pause for a traditional Myanmar lunch at the top of Sagaing hill, with sweeping views over all of Mandalay. The final visit of the day is to Amarapura, meaning City of Immortality, famous for its dramatic U Bein Bridge, built around 1850 and believed to be the oldest and longestteakwood bridge in the world. Here you can explore the city and wander through this leafy suburb of Mandalay, before witnessing sunset and the final transfer of the day to your hotel.
Please dress conservatively covering shoulders and knees.
Inclusions for Ancient Capitals Of Myanmar
- Air conditioned private transfer
- Roundtrip transportation from and to your hotel
- English speaking guide
- Meals as stated in your itinerary
- Government tax
- Sagaing Zone Fees
Exclusions for Ancient Capitals Of Myanmar
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- Mandalay Zone Fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Know Before You Go
The itinerary may be changed due to weather, un-foreseen building closures, tidal and other operating conditions
Special request (diet or vegetarian ) should be sent prior to your departure date
Print your voucher: find the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail and show this voucher to your guide at tour commencement.
Please be on time for the pick-up at your hotel.
No t-shirts or shorts for visits to religious sites please dress appropriately.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Full-Day Mandalay and Mingun Tour Including Boat Ride
- Discover Hpa An - Kayaking, Kayin village walk and a cave
- Kayin village walk around Hpa An
- 1 Night 2 Days Trek from Kalaw to Inle lake
- Explore Highlights of Myanmar on a Budget
- Exploring Myanmar During a Week with Tour Guide
- Full Day Amarapura, Inwa, and Sagaing from Mandalay
- Private Full-Day Trip to Maymyo from Mandalay