Ancient City Of Ephesus House Of Mother Mary Archeology Museum Basilica Of St John And Isa Bey Mosque - SelcukWrite a Review
Visiting Ancient City of Ephesus, House of Mother Mary, Archaeology Museum, St. Johns Basilica and Isa Bey Mosque.
Private guided tour with 14 seating van.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
We will pass through the verdant and picturesque countryside before arriving at our first stop, the House of Virgin Mary and in accordance to the Predominant Christian tradition Mary was brought to Ephesus by the Apostle John after the Resurrection of Christ and lived out her final resting days here. This is based mainly on the traditional belief that John came to Ephesus combined with the biblical statement that Jesus Consigned her to John's care (John 19:26-27).
After The House of Virgin Mary we will then head on to the next destination which will be to the Ancient City of Ephesus , the tour here shall be a walking tour and will take you through one of the most magnificent excavations in the entire world. You will be able to see the Odeon, The Fountain of Trajan, the stream baths of Scholastic, the Temple of Hadrian and of course lets not forget the very impressive library of Ephesus. The library is adorned with columns and statues. The Grand Theatre, where Saint Paul preached, is the largest theatre is antiquity with capacity of 24.000 seats. You will then return back to the bus through the Arcadian Way where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession.
After your 2 hour exploration around Ephesus we will head for a lunch break for about 1 hour and then after the lunch break we will continue on the tour and head for our next stop which is the Temple of Artemis (Diana), this outstanding Temple was built in honour of the Greek Goddess of hunting, wild nature and fertility, deemed as one of the Seven wonders of the ancient world. The temple of Artemis used to be the largest marble temple in the ancient Greek world since it was four times as the big as the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. The temple served as both a market-place and religious institution. Offerings by thousands of pilgrims each year enable the temple to grow so wealthy that it became the world`s first bank. Today, little remains of the magnificent structure. Your guide will describe its importance, its wealth and tension that existed between the Romans and Christians that settled in the area over the centuries.
Afterwards drive to Sirince, is a former Greek Village; being famous with wine houses, olive oils, organic vegetables and fruits. You will have free time to have something to eat from local cuisine and discover the village on your own pace. On return have a brief stop to see educational presentation for famous Turkish Carpets.
Inclusions for Ancient City Of Ephesus House Of Mother Mary Archeology Museum Basilica Of St John And Isa Bey Mosque
- Transportation by AC Deluxe van
- Guiding services
- Parking fees
Exclusions for Ancient City Of Ephesus House Of Mother Mary Archeology Museum Basilica Of St John And Isa Bey Mosque
- Entrance fees to museums and sites
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult,
Infant seats available on request if advised at the time of booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- 12 Night - 13 Day Turkey Magic Tour
- Pamukkale Small Group Day Tour From Kusadasi Or Selcuk
- Ephesus Small Group Day Tour From Selcuk
- Private Guided Tour From Bodrum: Ephesus House Of The Virgin Mary And Temple Of Artemis
- Kusadasi Port To Ephesus - Virgin Mary's House - Temple Of Artemis
- Ephesus Day Tour From Istanbul
- Ephesus Full Day Tour From Selcuk Or Kusadasi
- Pamukkale Small Group Tour From Selcuk
- Ancient Ephesus House Of The Virgin Mary Temple Of Artemis And Sirince Village Small Group Tour