Ancient City Of Rome: The Essential Tour
OverviewExplore Ancient Rome on this group tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with an expert guide. Learn about Roman history in the places where the events took place, hearing stories about the bloody gladiatorial fights in the Colosseum. Visiting the magnificent temples and courthouses of the Roman Forum is an opportunity to learn about the daily lives of the Romans. Youll also explore the evocative ruins of the imperial palaces on the Palatine on this Rome group tour, specially designed to optimize your time.
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
Seeing the Colosseum is an unforgettable experience, and exploring it with a knowledgeable guide will give you a fresh new perspective, as you discover what really went on inside this magnificent monument. On your Colosseum tour youll explore the different levels of the amphitheatre and see the arena through the eyes of the gladiators and slaves who made the bloody spectacles possible. The Colosseum is an astonishing architectural achievement, but your visit will be even further enriched by the stories you hear - about the lives of those who performed and died here, and what went on behind the scenes. Visiting the Colosseum on an intimate guided tour helps you to understand the human element of this iconic building, bringing the past to life.
Walking through the Roman Forum gives us a fascinating insight into the lives of ordinary Romans - the people who walked through the streets, gathered in the squares, and participated in religious festivals in front of the temples. Your tour of the Roman Forum will give you a real sense of daily life in Rome, as you walk along the cobbled streets and visit impressive sites such as the Senate, the Temple of Saturn and the Basilicas of Julia and Maxentius. Youll also visit the House of the Vestal Virgins, and learn about the extraordinary lives and deaths of these privileged priestesses.
The Forum witnessed some of the most momentous events in Roman history, such as the decapitation of Cicero and the funeral of Julius Caesar. Hearing about historical events in the places where they unfolded is a profound experience, narrowing the gap between past and present.Our group tour of Rome also includes a visit to the Palatine Hill, an impressive archaeological site often overlooked by other tour companies. The Palatine was once one home to emperors and aristocracy, who built their luxurious villas on the hill. When you walk through the shady gardens of the Palatine and see the spectacular views of the Colosseum and Roman Forum below, youll understand why it was once the most desirable neighborhood in Rome.
A visit to the Palatine - the legendary home of Romulus and Remus - is the perfect opportunity to learn about the myths, legends and history of Rome. Legendary associations made the Palatine particularly attractive to emperors such as Domitian and Augustus, who lived in extravagant private villas on the top of the hill. On your Palatine tour youll explore the ruins of the Flavian Palace, the Stadium of Domitian and the Baths of Septimius Severus.
Our tours islimited to 13 people, so youll have a more personal experience and have the opportunity to ask your guide plenty of questions. All our tickets are bought in advance, allowing you to skip the lines and make the most of your time in Rome on your Colosseum tour.
Inclusions for Ancient City Of Rome: The Essential Tour
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Ancient City Of Rome: The Essential Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum