Ancient Roman Road
OverviewJoin this beautiful hike along one of the most picturesque coasts of Sardinia in the southern coast between Santa Margherita di Pula and Chia.
Know More about this tourTake a beautiful hike along one of the most picturesque coasts of Sardinia.
Pinus village will be the starting point of the Ancient Roman road that linked Bithia to Nora, an ancient Phoenician Roman outpost created since the 7th century BC in the southwest of Sardinia.
Travel along a beautiful trail that overlooks the turquoise sea surrounded by a lush Mediterranean vegetation. Meet a small island where once stood the Phoenician Tophet Temple.
Tophets are generally located outside the city proper and usually to the north. After the ceremony the ashes of the burnt were placed within a vessel. Stones were then placed on top of the funerary urns to seal them and placed within the tophet, sometimes within shaft tombs. From the 6th century BCE, stelae were dedicated to Baal or Tanit and placed on top of the urns instead of stones. The urns themselves were often recycled pots and jars from as far afield as Corinth and Egypt and so provide an interesting and valuable record of Phoenician trade.
At the end of the excursion, the Bitan guides will have the great pleasure to offer you "Sa Picchettada," typical Sardinian snack.
At the end of the walking tour you can have a lunch in amazing restaurant just by the sea, where a delicious fish menu is prepared with the freshest catch of the local fishermen.(optional)
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Ancient Roman Road
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Professional guide in english, italian, french and portuguese
- Hotel pickup and drop-off only for Chia area
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by jeep or air-conditioned minivan with free wifi on board
- Lunch (optional)
Exclusions for Ancient Roman Road
- Everything not indicated in the inclusions
- Lunch (optional by request)
- Private Tour (optional)
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
Due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.