Ancient Rome Half-Day Walking Tour
OverviewVisit the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Capitoline Hill and Romes centro storico (historical center) on this must-do Ancient Rome tour. The 3-hour Rome walking tour offers the perfect introduction to the citys tumultuous history. Hear tales of gruesome gladiator combat while exploring the Colosseums second and third tiers; learn about monuments like the Regia inside the Roman Forum; and enjoy photo stops at Romes big-name attractions such as Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona and more! Choose between a standard tour (maximum 25 people) or a small-group tour (maximum 12 people) for a more personalized experience.Entrance fees to the Colosseum and Roman Forum are not included on this tour; simply pay on the day.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourYour Rome half-day tour starts near the Colosseum. Head inside to explore the first and second tiers of the Roman amphitheater with your guide. Hear how seating was allocated to social status, with the Emperors and senators enjoying the best seats in the house, and plebeians toward the top. The stadiums gladiatorial contests were its main attraction, and youll hear tales of the gory games where trained gladiators would fight each other for the amusement of the crowds.
After your Colosseum tour, set off to explore the surrounding area, discovering places that once represented the financial, commercial and political center of Ancient Rome. The main relics and ruins are clustered throughout the Roman Forum, so head inside to wander seeing history set in the sites stones.
Hear fascinating tales about the power and treachery associated with the Emperors of Ancient Rome while seeing the ruins of once-important monuments like the Temple of Caesar. Stop for photos by the white marble Arch of Septimius Severus, and gaze in wonder at the colonnaded Regia once the home of the Kings of Rome. Other highlights include the Gemonian stairs and Temple of Vespasian and Titus.
Leave the Roman Forum and continue into Romes centro storico, to see all the sights around its historical center. Throw a coin in the impressive Trevi Fountain for luck, and then pose for photos in front of Rome Pantheon one of the best-preserved Roman monuments in the city. Stroll around Piazza Navona, a lively central square, and learn about Bernini, a much-celebrated Baroque sculptor who designed three of the squares fountains. Your Ancient Rome half-day walking tour then finishes in the center of town.
Inclusions for Ancient Rome Half-Day Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headsets to ear the guide clearly
- Entrance Tickets toColosseum and Roman Forum
Exclusions for Ancient Rome Half-Day Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Luggage storage NOT available
Not wheelchair accessible
Strollers are permitted.
If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, et.c) private tours are available on request
The Colosseum has strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most attractions (and no bag check) it is forbidden to bring the following:
Weapons and blunt objects (knives, long umbrellas, etc.)
Glass bottles, aerosol sprays, and alcohol.
Bicycles, skates, and segways.
Luggage or large bags.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.