Ancona City Tour
OverviewThe tour will take you to the whole city of Ancona, which is all about great food and wines. There are exotic beaches, countryside and landscapes to explore here. There is the natural harbor that you get to see, along with the ancient gateway of the town, the piazza, the Lazzaretto, which is an ancient building and cathedrals, as well. This tour will leave you spiritually fulfilled and historically aware, than before!
- The heart of the town & Local wine & food.
- Port of Ancona.
- The Arch of Trajan in Ancona is a Roman Triumphal arch erected during the Roman Empire (115 after Christ).
Know More about this tour
The city of Ancona is located on a promontory formed in the northern foothills of Mount Conero. This promontory make the Gulf of Ancona, whose inner part is the natural harbor.
Ancona comes from the greek word Ankon that means elbow for its shape as peninsula.
The Dori a greek population from Sicily, founded Ancona 387 BC, they stopped in this place for the possibility that the natural harbor offered.
The heart of the town is the port as well as Colle Guasco a hill in front of the Port.
Lazzaretto: a pengonal building built in a artificial island at the port and used as Quarantine station (Lazzaretto) for the Port. Architect: Vanvitelli
Porta Pia: ancient gateway of the town
Santa Maria della Piazza (just outside)
The church, a fine example of Romanesque architecture in the citta'.
The Cathedral of Ancona is dedicated to the patron of Ancona: Saint Ciriacous. It's one of the best one examples of Romanesque architecture in the area.
Inclusions for Ancona City Tour
- My services as your own personal guide to Ancona city
Exclusions for Ancona City Tour
- It is recommended to finish the tour with a taste of local cusine. If you are interested ask me for a quote base on what your preferences.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.