Andalusia Horses Show And Visit To Medina Sidonia From Malaga
OverviewSpend a day on the countryside on this private tour and visit to Medina Sidonia, from Malaga. Visit a ranch to see wild bulls and world famous Andalusian horses. Experience a day in the life of magnificent animals You will also visit the white village of Medina Sidonia and see its ancient ruins and preserved ancient Andalusian history.
Know More about this tourSit atop the Cerro del Castillo hill in Medina Sidonia, at an altitude of 1,000 feet (300 meters), and admire its medieval charm. Founded by the Phoenicians, the city became an important Roman colony and served as capital of the Muslim district of Sidonia. In the mid-15th century, it joined the domain of the Dukes of Medina Sidonia.
The town has been declared a historical site and was awarded the Prize for the Beautification of Andalusian Towns. See the areas many works of art attesting to its rich past, including the Santos Mártires Hermitage, the oldest example of Visigoth art in Andalusia. Medieval remnants include the ruins of the castle, erected on the old Muslim fortress, and Torrestrella Castle (both dating from the 12th - 14th centuries). Other noteworthy medieval arches from the Muslim occupation period include the Arco de la Pastora (10th Century), Arco del Sol (10th -13th century), and Arco de Belén (12th - 15th Century). See the towns countless examples of religious architecture, including the Gothic and Plateresque Santa María la Mayor Coronada Parish Church.
Visit the towns numerous convents, including the San Cristóbal, Jesús, and María y José Convents, and the Carmelita del Cuervo monastery in Los Alcornocales Natural Park. Admire the architecture of the 17th-Century Mannerist-style Town Hall building, the Duke's Stables, the 18th-century House of the Enrile, and the 19th-Century Market Building. Sample the towns renowned pastries, including the Alfajor de Medina, awarded a Denomination of Origin quality label. The traditional Moorish cake is prepared using almonds, hazelnuts, flour, grated bread and spices (coriander, cloves, anise, sesame and cinnamon), and the finest pure bee honey. The tube-shaped pastry comes toasted with a slightly spicy aroma and the flavor of dry fruits and honey.
Inclusions for Andalusia Horses Show And Visit To Medina Sidonia From Malaga
- Guided visit in Medina Sidonia
- Guided visit to a wild bulls ranch
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Andalusia Horses Show And Visit To Medina Sidonia From Malaga
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mlaga Swim Cruise with Lunch at the Port and Flamenco Show
- Malaga Sunset Cruise with Champagne and Restaurant Dinner
- Malaga Glass and Crystal Museum Admission Ticket
- Sealife Benalmadena Entrance Ticket
- Mlaga at Dusk Walking Tour
- Full-Day Marbella Tour from Malaga
- Discover Sevilla from Mlaga by High Speed Train
- Marbella and Banus Day Coach from Costa del Sol