OverviewDiscover the ancient cultural heritage of South Korea on a visit to Andong from Seoul. Catch sweeping views from Buyongdae Cliff, learn about local art and culture at the Hahoe Mask Museum in UNESCO World Heritage-listed Hahoe Folk Village, and visit a Confucian school and temple. Lunch and round-trip transport by comfortable vehicle are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYou’ll be picked up from your Seoul hotel in the morning and taken by air-conditioned coach through Andong to Buyongdae Cliff, located approximately 3 hours away near the Taebaek Mountains. From the summit, get an amazing bird’s-eye view of Hahoe Folk Village; you’ll learn how the name of this cliff, meaning ‘lotus,’ is said to reflect the village’s configuration of a lotus flower.
Continue driving through UNESCO World Heritage-listed Hahoe Folk Village, a traditional village from the Joseon Dynasty, and visit the Hahoe Mask Museum, dedicated to mask culture in this region and throughout Korea. Tour the museum with your guide and learn about what each different mask represents, as well as the history of mask dances.
Head to a local restaurant for a lunch of regional specialties and then continue driving to Byeongsan Seowon, a Confucian school established by esteemed scholars to pay tribute to notable Confucian personality Seong-nyong Yu. Your guide will explain how this temple is one of 47 in Korea not destroyed in 1868 during the rule of Daewongun, a Joseon-era imperialist and politician.
Your last stop will be Bongjeongsa Temple, the largest temple in Andong. Relish the unique, elegant atmosphere as you visit several towers and buildings including three-story Stone Pagoda. After your time here, you’ll be dropped off at your hotel or the shopping district in Seoul, whichever you prefer.
Inclusions for Andong Day Trip: Hahoe Folk Village From Seoul
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
Exclusions for Andong Day Trip: Hahoe Folk Village From Seoul
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of two people per booking is required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.